EDeHavas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey all!

So I’m considering going to another school for my sixth form however the exam board for Biology is OCR unlike at my previous school which is AQA. People have been saying that OCR is much more difficult and I’m very worried as I have only ever used AQA for the majority of my exams. I would like to achieve a A in biology, will this be a extra struggle with OCR? I’m hoping someone who has taken OCR a-level biology can share some words of wisdom.

Thank you 😊
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by EDeHavas)
Hey all!

So I’m considering going to another school for my sixth form however the exam board for Biology is OCR unlike at my previous school which is AQA. People have been saying that OCR is much more difficult and I’m very worried as I have only ever used AQA for the majority of my exams. I would like to achieve a A in biology, will this be a extra struggle with OCR? I’m hoping someone who has taken OCR a-level biology can share some words of wisdom.

Thank you 😊
They are (in theory) equally difficult. Ofqual moderates exam boards so that students taking certain exam boards aren't disadvantaged.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
a level biology is a hard subject in general, as said above there shouldn't be much difference in exam boards in terms of difficulty- part of the difficulty at first for you may be adjusting to a new style of exam questions if you are used to aqa. unless the people who've been saying ocr is much more difficult have taken both aqa and ocr a level biology then i wouldn't listen to them.
d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i did ocr, you don’t have to do essays like aqa but they are very particular about your terminology and keywords. i found biology a subject where you could get an A with a strong grasp and understanding of the content
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (517)
51.34%
No (490)
48.66%

Watched Threads