Catrin9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Does the amount of student loan you get change if you decide to move out of the family home and live alone?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Catrin9)
Does the amount of student loan you get change if you decide to move out of the family home and live alone?
if you mean if you decide to live away from home during term time then yes.

If you mean you plan to move out permanently then no that doesn’t change whether SFE consider you independent or dependent on your parents. They will still consider your parents income for your household income assessment
Catrin9
Rep:
?
i'm really confused basically i spoke to SFE yesterday morning and said i will be now living away from home during term times and they explained how i could change this online. So i did this and the status on my application changed back to application submitted. However, when i have checked tonight the status now says Payment schedules again, so then i checked my entitlement summary and its exactly the same as before??
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i'm really confused basically i spoke to SFE yesterday morning and said i will be now living away from home during term times and they explained how i could change this online. So i did this and the status on my application changed back to application submitted. However, when i have checked tonight the status now says Payment schedules again, so then i checked my entitlement summary and its exactly the same as before??
Hi, did you make sure to select 'living elsewhere'? It takes 25 working days to re assess at the moment.
Thanks, Isaac
Catrin9
Rep:
?
Hi it's ok i've noticed it's changed on the entitlement summary but not on the Your finance tab which is what i must of clicked on. All sorted now!!!

(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, did you make sure to select 'living elsewhere'? It takes 25 working days to re assess at the moment.
Thanks, Isaac
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi it's ok i've noticed it's changed on the entitlement summary but not on the Your finance tab which is what i must of clicked on. All sorted now!!!
Glad to hear it's resolved
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (213)
43.83%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.52%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
21.19%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (51)
10.49%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.56%

Watched Threads