Rubyrose55
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! I need help. Basically I said to my Boyfriend I was doing a surprise movie night tonight. I bought lots of snacks, pizza and set up a big monitor in my room from my mums and put fairy lights on the floor. My boyfriend came in and said it’s warm to be watching a film, then he said he’d prefer to watch it another time as he isn’t staying late. Cut a long story short, I was a bit worked up after going through this much effort. He said he was sorry and was mean to me about it. But I don’t get why he keeps doing this, he keeps saying stuff recently, not meeting up for long, saying he’s tired and not staying over. Idk I talked to him about it and he said that he still loves me.I just need advice.
Last edited by Rubyrose55; 1 month ago
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
Just want some advice
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
I feel maybe he doesn’t appreciate these nice things. After he says sorry he says he appreciates it
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe hes seeing someone else
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hannah0505)
Maybe hes seeing someone else
Why do you think this? Is it weird behaviour ?
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rubyrose55)
We have been together for a while tho
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He's either careless or has something more important in his mind. possibly cheating
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
He's either careless or has something more important in his mind. possibly cheating
I think maybe he doesn’t think?But idk what to do ?

He wouldn’t cheat on me, he goes on his phone next to me and we open with each other. He barely talks to girls anyway
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
I don’t think it could be that as he hates cheating with his past experiences. And so wouldn’t do it. Plus he is affectionate and thighs but just lacks that care
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
I think careless is the right one but what do I do
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think careless is the right one but what do I do
Tell him how you feel and if he doesn't change consider a break and see what he does
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
Tell him how you feel and if he doesn't change consider a break and see what he does
Do you think I’m overreacting ? I just see that lack of care nowadays like I went to so much trouble tonight
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you think I’m overreacting ? I just see that lack of care nowadays like I went to so much trouble tonight
I don't think youre overreacting i think what you're feeling is very valid! Also i recommend changing your title to get more answers.
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
I don't think youre overreacting i think what you're feeling is very valid! Also i recommend changing your title to get more answers.
Okay sure will do thank you !
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
Won’t let me change it
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Won’t let me change it
Oh ok thats fine. You can make another thread and copy and paste what you said but for the title say something like 'bf is ignoring me' and youll get more responses from others!
Kibser
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think he was unreasonable to say it was too hot. I certainly wouldn't want to do that in this temperature.

You also say it was a surprise; you can't really expect him to say yes.
Rubyrose55
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kibser)
I don't think he was unreasonable to say it was too hot. I certainly wouldn't want to do that in this temperature.

You also say it was a surprise; you can't really expect him to say yes.
You don’t usually complain around someone you love when they have put effort in. I planned a whole movie night for him to say to do it another day ? Do You. Think that’s fine
Kibser
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don’t usually complain around someone you love when they have put effort in. I planned a whole movie night for him to say to do it another day ? Do You. Think that’s fine
That would be a reasonable stance to take if you had told him in advance The key issue here is that it was a surprise.

You can't expect him to say yes. This is probably something you should have factored in when you decided to surprise him.

To be totally honest with you, it's far too hot for that sort of thing anyway, so it's hardly surprising he said no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.41%
Less motivated (91)
74.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise