what are the coronavirus rules at uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
can others stay in our house? can we bring friends over? who is allowed in our house? when will this be made clear?
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
got to wait and find out atm
GatoMessi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
can others stay in our house? can we bring friends over? who is allowed in our house? when will this be made clear?
Each University is different. you need to find out about the University you are going to attend
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re in a house (rather than uni-owned halls) you just have to follow the government guidelines.

Which are currently - in most of England - that you can have people over, in groups of up to 6, but must still socially distance from everyone you don’t live with.

If you’re in halls, you’ll have to check with your uni specifically.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what do i do if i’m living with people that don’t follow the rules and bring their boyfriends / girlfriends from outside the house to stay?
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...y-expert-warns

This is an interesting article that describes some of the steps that universities are taking.
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what do i do if i’m living with people that don’t follow the rules and bring their boyfriends / girlfriends from outside the house to stay?
If you are in halls you would probably contact the warden for your halls, or the university.
Hopefully if you are in a house, this will be with people who are your friends and so you will be able to have that conversation before you all move back and maybe come to an agreement? You will probably need to be flexible and come up with rules together. e.g. having a partner pr close family member round is fine, but course friends, parties, extended family is a no go. It very much depends on what the government guidelines are at that time!
Clubcard
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't get caught and hope you don't live with snakes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads