Should I moved into halls or stay at home?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm expected to move into halls as I enter my final year at university, however, I'm starting to get doubts about whether or not to move into halls or stay at home due to increasing the risk of exposing myself to corvid-19. The accommodation comes with private bedroom and ensuite bathroom, but I'll be sharing the kitchen with possibly 8 other unknown students. Should I stay at home or move into halls?
sweehee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m about to enter my first year at university and am stuck with the same problem :/
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
if your uni offers the option of fully doing your course online it might be worth doing it from home to save money and to not expose yourself to the virus. some halls offer the option of starting in january so it might be worth looking into that as well, hopefully, things would have improved by then. however, if you feel that you don't want to spend your third year at home i think you will be fine in halls as long as you take some precautions like making sure you go to the kitchen when no one else is there and carrying a mask w u in case someone comes. also have some dettol wipes for e.g. for the surfaces and never touch anything without wiping it first.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm expected to move into halls as I enter my final year at university, however, I'm starting to get doubts about whether or not to move into halls or stay at home due to increasing the risk of exposing myself to corvid-19. The accommodation comes with private bedroom and ensuite bathroom, but I'll be sharing the kitchen with possibly 8 other unknown students. Should I stay at home or move into halls?
Hey!

I would say that the decision comes down to a few things
- firstly, how far away from your uni do you live? because you might still have some face to face teaching that you have to travel in for and if you live far away this might be a pain
- secondly, do you have a quiet space at home that you can study in well that's free from distractions? With it being your final year you want to be able to concentrate and do your best!
- finally, how worried are you about covid-19? If you think it will stress you out more living with 8 other people who might not be keeping the kitchen clean etc then maybe it would be better for you to stay at home. But if you're not too worried about it then it won't really affect you so you would be fine staying there

I hope this gives you a few things to consider and helps you!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (53)
25.36%
Less motivated (156)
74.64%

Watched Threads