Dora7500
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. I just got a quick question. I’ve applied for students finances (England). I have EU passport, live in UK and got settled status. Can I send certified copy of my passport or should I use special delivery to send original? If ok to send copies then is Post office accepted to get documents certified? It’s for a part time study. I got a job interview in a couple of weeks, where I will need passport for a purpose of DBS check. I’m a bit anxious that I wont get my passport back on time. Thank you.
Last edited by Dora7500; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to send original documents to prove identity. Copies are not accepted.

If you need your passport in a couple of weeks then you should wait until after your job interview to send it.
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
Dora7500
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you very much for your quick help. I will try to send it ASAP, as don’t really want to delay the application. Thanks!
Dora7500
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi. Just to say that it took 6 days for my passport to come back to me. Really impressed. Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dora7500)
Hi. Just to say that it took 6 days for my passport to come back to me. Really impressed. Thank you
Glad to hear you received this back quickly
Dora7500
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Glad to hear you received this back quickly
Thank you. Last Friday, that is exactly 2 weeks after sending my passport, I found out, that my loan has been accepted. The whole process was easy and very efficient. I am really pleased, and glad, that was thinking ahead and sent the proof of residency and proof of address to avoid delays.This will be my 2nd degree, first in English. Excited!

Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dora7500)
Thank you. Last Friday, that is exactly 2 weeks after sending my passport, I found out, that my loan has been accepted. The whole process was easy and very efficient. I am really pleased, and glad, that was thinking ahead and sent the proof of residency and proof of address to avoid delays.This will be my 2nd degree, first in English. Excited!

Thank you!
Thank you for the great feedback - I wish you good luck with your course, I know you will do great!
Dora7500
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you, that's really encouraging And once again, many thanks for help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.33%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.73%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (122)
36.42%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.85%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.3%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.37%

Watched Threads