The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Leniency in 2020?

Hello everyone,

I am just here with a quick question as I'm getting fairly stressed about hitting my requirements for my Computer Science course at Loughborough. I firmed Loughborough and was hoping to make the grades for the summer however I have found physics especially difficult for hitting my ABB goal. I quit my job just before the virus cancelled schools and got a tutor so I could spend much more time revising but it seems it will all be for nothing due to the new grading system that has been done because of the virus. I know its probably too late to start worrying about it a few days before results but I had to ask to try and sway any feelings of uncertainty and was wondering if ABC would ruin my chances of making it in. Is there anything I could do to maybe sell myself and prove that I could be a good student or is it too late?

Thanks
I've also applied to computer science and i'm very worried i won't get the grades also, especially in maths although i started to get extra help sessions to improve before school closure.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by FreshName
Hello everyone,

I am just here with a quick question as I'm getting fairly stressed about hitting my requirements for my Computer Science course at Loughborough. I firmed Loughborough and was hoping to make the grades for the summer however I have found physics especially difficult for hitting my ABB goal. I quit my job just before the virus cancelled schools and got a tutor so I could spend much more time revising but it seems it will all be for nothing due to the new grading system that has been done because of the virus. I know its probably too late to start worrying about it a few days before results but I had to ask to try and sway any feelings of uncertainty and was wondering if ABC would ruin my chances of making it in. Is there anything I could do to maybe sell myself and prove that I could be a good student or is it too late?

Thanks

Hello there,

This is such an anxious time for all students as results day looms closer and it's understandable that you're worrying about achieving your grades. This year in particular has been extremely challenging and we, at Loughborough University, totally appreciate this and are here to support you in any way we can. I would advise you to stay positive and be confident that you will be accepted onto your chosen course.

If you aren't accepted, then it's really important to remember that you have choices. There may be other courses that interest you. I would recommend you visit our website on Thursday morning - http://www.lboro.ac.uk/clearing - and if you see a vacancy that you are interested in and meet the published requirements, please call the University's Contact Centre on 01509 274 403 to discuss your qualifications. Please remember to have your UCAS Personal ID number to hand when you call.

Please do take some time and have a look at our website now as it features useful hints and tips which will help you prepare for Thursday and you can also sign up for clearing email alerts.There are student stories and FAQs to help answer any questions you may have.

I wish you all the best and hope to welcome you to Loughborough soon!
Bindu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending