GillisRobbieWGS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I speak, read and write french at A Level A* standard. I want to learn a new language. I've considered picking Spanish up from where I left it in year 9, or taking up Italian, Farsi or Chinese

Which is the easiest to learn with my previous linguistic experience?
Which will be the most useful for travel?
thagirlhanna
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you'll be able to pick up spanish quite quickly
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm the same with French, so in lockdown, I've been learning Russian on the basis that I probably won't have so much free time again for a while! Spanish would probably be easiest, given it's a romance language and you already know some, but you might also want to consider starting one of the other two depending on what your goals are and how much time you think you'll have in the future
Sarahp2000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GillisRobbieWGS)
I speak, read and write french at A Level A* standard. I want to learn a new language. I've considered picking Spanish up from where I left it in year 9, or taking up Italian, Farsi or Chinese

Which is the easiest to learn with my previous linguistic experience?
Which will be the most useful for travel?
I am half Spanish ! Because of French you will learn it really fast ! Also , a lot of countries have Spanish as first language ! Try it !
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spanish will be easiest, but if you really want to push yourself I can tell you mandarin is most certainly the way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (11)
30.56%
Less motivated (25)
69.44%

Watched Threads