Shy when speaking to a new group of friends

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Tomorrow Im going out with a new group of friends. They are all close and know eachother and other people from their area but im not from their area and I only know three people in it out of like 35. Im nervous to interact as i get really nervous and struggle so much speaking to new people and i feel like I wont have anything to speak about. Also my ex is going who i havent seen in months so that will also be awkward
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Tomorrow Im going out with a new group of friends. They are all close and know eachother and other people from their area but im not from their area and I only know three people in it out of like 35. Im nervous to interact as i get really nervous and struggle so much speaking to new people and i feel like I wont have anything to speak about. Also my ex is going who i havent seen in months so that will also be awkward
It’s okay to be nervous! But relax and just be ur self since there’s going to be so many people I’m sure you’ll find someone to talk to, just be ur self and be friendly and ur ex forget about him show him ur doing good without him!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
then talk to yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.46%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (142)
37.47%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.82%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (73)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.54%

Watched Threads