15 year old cifas mark, can I open monzos

Watch
This discussion is closed.
KingSxdz
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I done something stupid and now I’m pretty sure I got a cifas mark, I tried checking on the cifas website however it couldn’t identify me but I know I have one for sure and now I’m wondering how I’m gonna live for the next 6 years, I’ve seen that people have said that they have had success with opening accounts with monzos however this was threads from like a year ago

Can someone tell me if it is possible to open a account with monzos when I turn 16 which is in about a couple of months and also what does monzo require to make a account
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Howd you manage to get one at 15? :lol:
Cartier4O
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Can I ask you a quick question, how did you know you have the mark?
KingSxdz
Rep:
(Original post by Napp)
Howd you manage to get one at 15? :lol:
Long story short I was used as a money mule and I didn’t realise
KingSxdz
Rep:
(Original post by Cartier4O)
Can I ask you a quick question, how did you know you have the mark?
I’m not fully sure I do but I’ve seen other people on this app in the exact same situation as me also the last thing I heard from my bank which is Barclays is that my account with them is closed and I have to open a account with another bank
Cartier4O
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KingSxdz)
I done something stupid and now I’m pretty sure I got a cifas mark, I tried checking on the cifas website however it couldn’t identify me but I know I have one for sure and now I’m wondering how I’m gonna live for the next 6 years, I’ve seen that people have said that they have had success with opening accounts with monzos however this was threads from like a year ago

Can someone tell me if it is possible to open a account with monzos when I turn 16 which is in about a couple of months and also what does monzo require to make a account
reply to my pm bro
enbystander
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
First of all - if you do have a CIFAS mark, you will be refused pretty much every bank account. Markers can last anywhere from 12 months to 6 years depending on the type of marker.

If you need to find out if you do actually have a marker, you are entitled to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) as is your right under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For CIFAS, information on how to submit this is available here: https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/...access-request

- JX.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads