spatula123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm an outgoing person and very easy to get along with but low-key scared of joining Uni for Masters :\
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Why would you be "scared"?
spatula123
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
Why would you be "scared"?
The thought of meeting new people and how they are like.. just overwhelms me
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by spatula123)
The thought of meeting new people and how they are like.. just overwhelms me
I'm assuming that you'll be in the same position as others. So, if you're an outgoing person, the likelihood is that you will make friends easier. Or, alternatively, join societies and slowly put yourself out there. Eventually, you'll make friends.
spatula123
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
I'm assuming that you'll be in the same position as others. So, if you're an outgoing person, the likelihood is that you will make friends easier. Or, alternatively, join societies and slowly put yourself out there. Eventually, you'll make friends.
This has boosted my confidence . Thanks xx
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This has boosted my confidence . Thanks xx
No worries 🙂. Hope it goes well.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm an outgoing person and very easy to get along with but low-key scared of joining Uni for Masters :\
Hey spatula123!

I know exactly how you're feeling!
It can be daunting starting in a new place and making new friends especially when you're not in the exact position as everyone else - as mostly first years will be joining societies!
But just go for it and put yourself out there you will definitely thank yourself for it later
It might be a bit scary at first but I'm sure everyone will be kind and welcoming!

Good luck!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey!

What are you studying for your Masters?

I hope you enjoy every minute of it and get the result you want!

It's normal to feel scared about meeting new people, there's so many other people who are in the same boat and feeling the same way! I'd definitely recommend joining clubs or societies, that way you're around people with similar interests which can make conversation that much easier - it's a nice ice breaker chatting about a mutual interest

You could look at volunteering opportunities, becoming a student ambassador, getting involved with university activities as a way of meeting new people too!

I'm sure you'll soon settle in and feel more comfortable and confident, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. I didn't really make my lifelong friends at uni, I preferred to focus on my studies personally, but that's okay too. Everyone's uni experience is different.

I wish you the best of luck!

Becky
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi spatula123

It's completely normal to feel a little nervous before starting your course. Try to remember most people will be in a similar position to you, and will want to get to know people, so will probably be open to meeting new people. I would say try and start conversations with your course and flat mates. Joining clubs and societies is also a great way to make friends and meet people with similar interests as you.

Good luck!

Zaira
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi!
You could join any of the societies, and you will meet people from the same course, so don't stress yourself!
Good luck with everything 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (38)
18.01%
No one else does (69)
32.7%
I'm embarrassed about my background (20)
9.48%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (72)
34.12%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.42%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.9%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise