sammosmitho1o
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am going into year 13 in September and need to decide my options for uni. I want to do maths with economics as my degree but only a few top unis do that course such as LSE and UCL. Which uni would be better for me to do that course, or are there any other top unis that offer that course?
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
other unis that do maths with economics- Exeter, Bath, Bristol, Leeds, York, Durham, Warwick, Nottingham.
captainhilts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sammosmitho1o)
I am going into year 13 in September and need to decide my options for uni. I want to do maths with economics as my degree but only a few top unis do that course such as LSE and UCL. Which uni would be better for me to do that course, or are there any other top unis that offer that course?
to add my two cents: I would say the LSE - it's economics is only subordinate to oxbridge and only it and imperial come close to rivalling oxbridge in terms of (intl) reputation. warwick's flagship courses are maths and econ - so it's fantastic too. UCL is also a target school so a decent option too. lots of my friends applied to these unis, and LSE was always their top choice, followed by warwick. those who got rejected by these two unis are going to ucl.
sammosmitho1o
Rep:
?
(Original post by Libbyc16)
other unis that do maths with economics- Exeter, Bath, Bristol, Leeds, York, Durham, Warwick, Nottingham.
thanks!
sammosmitho1o
Rep:
?
(Original post by captainhilts)
to add my two cents: I would say the LSE - it's economics is only subordinate to oxbridge and only it and imperial come close to rivalling oxbridge in terms of (intl) reputation. warwick's flagship courses are maths and econ - so it's fantastic too. UCL is also a target school so a decent option too. lots of my friends applied to these unis, and LSE was always their top choice, followed by warwick. those who got rejected by these two unis are going to ucl.
thank you! so you're saying that LSE is a more prestigious uni? but is the uni life there good? how did your friends like it?
captainhilts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sammosmitho1o)
thank you! so you're saying that LSE is a more prestigious uni? but is the uni life there good? how did your friends like it?
Apart from oxbridge, i would say the LSE/imperial are arguably the most prestigious british unis, especially abroad. Uni life is whatever u make of it - at any uni there will be students that complain and students that love it. Obvs due to the nature of the academic intensity at top unis there will be less time to party, but that’s the opportunity cost i suppose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (621)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads