UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2021 **Official Thread**

Watch
hayleys02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm thinking of applying for law at York, Exeter, Manchester, Essex and Sheffield
JoTheM
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
No you don't :nope:

The only way to separate paragraphs is through a line break (pressing return twice) and this will be retained in the final form. Each line break is included in your line limit, but if space allows it is recommended that you do this as it makes your statement much more readable. Remember an admissions tutor looks at hundreds of statements so you want to make their lives easy otherwise they may not want to properly read your statement if faced with a wall of text.

See the sticky threads at the top of this forum:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1083
Thanks so much for your help. Sorry for the delay in replying - I didn't get/see the notification.
Navya R
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Is there any group for 2021 architecture applicants?
tiktoksensation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Navya R)
Is there any group for 2021 architecture applicants?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6677822
SpiritBladeYT
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Yes, T&Cs say you must declare all qualifications :yep:
how do we add the music grade examinations on the application? I've been struggling to find it on my application
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by SpiritBladeYT)
how do we add the music grade examinations on the application? I've been struggling to find it on my application
In the search bar try typing in the awarding body, maybe? I remember it being very complicated.
Lailaz16_
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,
I applied in 2020 and got accepted after the mmi however my a level results didn’t meet the requirements due to COVID, which is really upsetting. I got ABB. Is there a chance of me getting in medicine for 2021 entry if I have a good UCAT which could make up for my low a level grades?
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Lailaz16_)
Hi,
I applied in 2020 and got accepted after the mmi however my a level results didn’t meet the requirements due to COVID, which is really upsetting. I got ABB. Is there a chance of me getting in medicine for 2021 entry if I have a good UCAT which could make up for my low a level grades?
You normally wouldn’t be made an offer with ABB. You could look into contextual offer schemes (e.g. Newcastle’s Partners scheme would reduce the entry requirements from AAA to BBB) or foundation/gateway years if you meet certain widening participation criteria. Is there any chance you could retake the two subjects you got Bs in? This would give you a lot more options.
maisiex10x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi my names Maisie and I'm hoping to do Psych in Education at Uni, I'm predicted AAA.
I've put my UCAS statement in and have applied to York, Sussex, Keele, Southampton and Bristol. I think I'm going to firm York if I get an offer! So far I have an offer from Bristol.
At GCSE I got 8877666544
I do music and have 3x grade 8s, over 75hrs volunteering, choir/orchestras, Jack Petchy Award
maisiex10x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by SpiritBladeYT)
Add as extra qualifications
SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Is Aberdeen Uni on the big list because I can't seem to find it anywhere?
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
Is Aberdeen Uni on the big list because I can't seem to find it anywhere?
Aberdeen should be on there but if you're having trouble finding it you can manually type in the code A20 and that should select Aberdeen for you.
SpiritBladeYT
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
In the search bar try typing in the awarding body, maybe? I remember it being very complicated.
that was it, thank you! the day i'm due to apply too XD
ChasenStars
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm applying for History with Celtic and anglo-Saxon studies and History with Anthropology at Aberdeen , History on its own at Newcastle and Dundee and History with Scandinavian studies at Edinbrugh Uni

A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: Already have a B in Higher Geography and sitting higher History,Psychology, Sociology and English this year

GCSE grades/ National 4/5 : National 4 passes in Maths,Biology,Chemistry and Art . National 5 A in Drama , B in Modern Studies and English , C in Computing Science and Business Management

Extra curriculars: Been urged against mentioning anything from high school as i'm 22 so waiting to hear back from a volunteer opportunity in a charity shop and College class rep.
Purplefish27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Is there a way to add more options in the "Additional Information" section in UCAS? Also, do I have to put my predicted A level grades and what my AS grades were?

Thanks in advance!
Purplefish27
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Is there a way to add more options in the "Additional Information" section in UCAS? Also, do I have to put my predicted A level grades and what my AS grades were?

Thanks in advance!
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Allys29)

Thanks in advance!
you just put your a level subjects, and pending as the result - for AS you put your actual grades. your school/college will put your predicted grades in for you
Lailaz16_
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by tiktoksensation)
You normally wouldn’t be made an offer with ABB. You could look into contextual offer schemes (e.g. Newcastle’s Partners scheme would reduce the entry requirements from AAA to BBB) or foundation/gateway years if you meet certain widening participation criteria. Is there any chance you could retake the two subjects you got Bs in? This would give you a lot more options.
Thanks for the response I was actually thinking of doing the American examinations since some unis accept SATs and APs for medicine. However, I’m already enrolled at a medical school in my country so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to. I was wondering if it’s advisable to use the same personal statement I wrote last year for this year’s application?
Purplefish27
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by azby1098)
you just put your a level subjects, and pending as the result - for AS you put your actual grades. your school/college will put your predicted grades in for you
Thank you!!
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by maisiex10x)
Hi my names Maisie and I'm hoping to do Psych in Education at Uni, I'm predicted AAA.
I've put my UCAS statement in and have applied to York, Sussex, Keele, Southampton and Bristol. I think I'm going to firm York if I get an offer! So far I have an offer from Bristol.
At GCSE I got 8877666544
I do music and have 3x grade 8s, over 75hrs volunteering, choir/orchestras, Jack Petchy Award
Good luck Maisie! Do let us know how you get on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed