UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2021 **Official Thread**

Watch
tiktoksensation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Lailaz16_)
Thanks for the response I was actually thinking of doing the American examinations since some unis accept SATs and APs for medicine. However, I’m already enrolled at a medical school in my country so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to. I was wondering if it’s advisable to use the same personal statement I wrote last year for this year’s application?
Honestly I don't think there's much point in applying if you're already at medical school elsewhere. If you're studying in the EU or Switzerland then your degree would automatically be recognised by the GMC for practice in the UK. If you're studying outside the EU, you can apply to the GMC to have your degree recognised. Stay where you are now and then come to the UK once you qualify. It's a much better option than struggling through A Level retakes or attempting APs and the SAT.
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by maisiex10x)
Hi my names Maisie and I'm hoping to do Psych in Education at Uni, I'm predicted AAA.
I've put my UCAS statement in and have applied to York, Sussex, Keele, Southampton and Bristol. I think I'm going to firm York if I get an offer! So far I have an offer from Bristol.
At GCSE I got 8877666544
I do music and have 3x grade 8s, over 75hrs volunteering, choir/orchestras, Jack Petchy Award
when did you send off your application?
hayleys02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Allys29)
Is there a way to add more options in the "Additional Information" section in UCAS? Also, do I have to put my predicted A level grades and what my AS grades were?

Thanks in advance!
Ive heard that your teachers enter ur predicted grades for you, but im not sure about completed AS grades
Purplefish27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Is there a way to add more options in the 'Additional Information' section in UCAS? There only seems to be two spaces to fill for any summer schools you have taken part in and was wondering if I could add any more?
Aashir Siddiqui
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello,
I am an International student (Non-EU) and I am applying for Computer Science in the UK for September 2021 intake for undergraduate. I sent off my UCAS application 2 weeks ago - still haven't heard back from any university. Is it because that I have applied early and they are waiting for more applications to come in? When can I expect to hear back from atleast one uni? Sorry, I know I am too impatient :P
maisiex10x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by azby1098)
when did you send off your application?
About 3 weeks ago
justjas33
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
About 3 weeks ago
Good luck!!
aconstanthamlet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
I passed an ABRSM G6 exam in October 2018 with a score of 127/150. Should I declare it on UCAS? It has this option.
Definitely! When you get to grade 6 and above, your achieved grade translates to UCAS points
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
About 3 weeks ago
ahh nice!! how long did it take bristol to respond?
Lailaz16_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by tiktoksensation)
Honestly I don't think there's much point in applying if you're already at medical school elsewhere. If you're studying in the EU or Switzerland then your degree would automatically be recognised by the GMC for practice in the UK. If you're studying outside the EU, you can apply to the GMC to have your degree recognised. Stay where you are now and then come to the UK once you qualify. It's a much better option than struggling through A Level retakes or attempting APs and the SAT.
That’s honestly very true and it’s the most logical option, but I’m currently at a med school in my home country and I’ve always wanted to study abroad so I’d like to give it another shot :/
Plus (if I’m not mistaken) I think my chances of getting a FY1 position after uni will be higher if I graduate from a UK med school.
So if I do decide to reapply, could I use the same personal statement I used last year?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I am going to self teach a Maths module, so will it help me to adapt to uni?
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi my names Maisie and I'm hoping to do Psych in Education at Uni, I'm predicted AAA.
I've put my UCAS statement in and have applied to York, Sussex, Keele, Southampton and Bristol. I think I'm going to firm York if I get an offer! So far I have an offer from Bristol.
At GCSE I got 8877666544
I do music and have 3x grade 8s, over 75hrs volunteering, choir/orchestras, Jack Petchy Award
Hello there! I am sorry to jump on the responses but I just wanted to say I am really glad to see that you have applied to Keele! If you have any questions regarding Keele, please don't hesitate to ask me on this thread and I will be more than happy to answer them for you!
emma.x13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
emma.x13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Lailaz16_)
That’s honestly very true and it’s the most logical option, but I’m currently at a med school in my home country and I’ve always wanted to study abroad so I’d like to give it another shot :/
Plus (if I’m not mistaken) I think my chances of getting a FY1 position after uni will be higher if I graduate from a UK med school.
So if I do decide to reapply, could I use the same personal statement I used last year?
The NHS employs a lot of foreign doctors. As long as you have a medical degree, you'll find a job when you graduate whether you attended a medical school in the UK or abroad. If you're absolutely dead set on applying to medical school in the UK then there's no reason why you couldn't use the same personal statement you used before. I would maybe tweak it a little bit to explain why you're leaving your current medical school if you haven't touched upon that already.
tiktoksensation
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by emma.x13)
Hey,

I don't think your qualifications would hold you back in any way. You're studying for the equivalent of 5 A Levels. The UAL Extended Diploma alone would give you 120 UCAS points (BBB at A Level) if you achieved a Merit. Combined with AB grades in your A Levels, you should have a lot of options at your feet. Are there any particular universities or locations you're interested in?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Allys29)
Is there a way to add more options in the 'Additional Information' section in UCAS? There only seems to be two spaces to fill for any summer schools you have taken part in and was wondering if I could add any more?
I don't think you can add in more, but I'm pretty sure that section is just so UCAS can gather data on how well events to encourage young people into higher education are working (i.e. if a lot of people said they'd gone to a certain summer school and are now applying to uni, it would suggest that that summer school is a worthwhile program). If you've done extra stuff then great - mention it in your personal statement as examples of extra interest in your subject, and talk about what you've learnt from it.
Unihelp43
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi I need advice and help! I want to do Scots law at Glasgow but I feel my highers aren’t enough I’ve got AAAAA at higher and A at advance higher English! I’m also doing the LNAT in Jan, is this enough? helppp!!

Entry requirements are AAAAAA at higher but everyone seems to have much more higher results!!
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by azby1098)
ahh nice!! how long did it take bristol to respond?
10 days! x
maisiex10x
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1)
Hello there! I am sorry to jump on the responses but I just wanted to say I am really glad to see that you have applied to Keele! If you have any questions regarding Keele, please don't hesitate to ask me on this thread and I will be more than happy to answer them for you!
Hiya! Thank you! Do you know when offers will be given out? I applied just over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet! When are offers given out usually? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.27%
Uncertainty around my education (66)
11.6%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (29)
5.1%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.72%
Financial worries (35)
6.15%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.98%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.64%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.84%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise