what jobs can an international student get in UK after studying criminology MA?

Watch
Sreejita
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am not a citizen of UK. I want to get a degree in criminology from one of the best l institutes of UK. what all job opportunities do I have in the country?
Last edited by Sreejita; 5 months ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sreejita)
I am not a citizen of UK. I want to get a degree in criminology from one of the best l institutes of UK. what all job opportunities do I have in the country?
https://www.kent.ac.uk/ces/student/d...ogy/index.html
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...ee/criminology

Notwithstanding you will only have a masters.

Take note the UK is leaving the EU, which merans times are uncertain.
The UK is heavily affected by CV19 meaning we are in recession.
Imo criminology isnt the degree sibject that makes you rish and you would only have a masters? Some of the areas are recession resistant.
Sreejita
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
i have my bachelors un journalism as well and my minor was psychology. So will that give me any benefit?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sreejita)
i have my bachelors un journalism as well and my minor was psychology. So will that give me any benefit?
No. And the UK is swamped with students who have Criminology degrees. I can't see any company getting permission to issue visas to allow overseas applicants, there are far more UK criminology degree holders than there are jobs for criminologists. If you had something relevant at undergrad and were going on to do a PhD then there might be some slim chance. But Criminology, Psychology and Sociology undergrads and Masters holders are two a penny in the UK, and only a fraction will have jobs that require those degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed