Opinions on geography and psychology A Levels

Watch
Coffee192
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm choosing my A Levels, and I don't know whether to take geography or psychology. I did GCSE geography and really enjoyed it, but i sometimes found the physical side quite boring, especially the topic with rivers. Psychology also looks really interesting. I think I would like to do law at uni, so neither of them are required, but would one of them be more useful/respected than the other? And anyone who has done Edexcel A Level geography, how different is it from GCSE? Is there anything to do with rivers because I couldn't stand that topic! Is it hard?
And anyone doing psychology, please let me know how you are finding it so far

Thank youuuu
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For someone that is thinking of doing law in the future I’ll definitely choose psychology. I suggest you research on what a levels you have to do to do law as a job
Coffee192
Rep:
?
(Original post by jae jae)
For someone that is thinking of doing law in the future I’ll definitely choose psychology. I suggest you research on what a levels you have to do to do law as a job
Ok, thanks! I don't think there are any required A Level subjects, but they do recommend an essay subject (i'm taking history, so I guess that would count). Psychology sounds great!
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Coffee192)
Ok, thanks! I don't think there are any required A Level subjects, but they do recommend an essay subject (i'm taking history, so I guess that would count). Psychology sounds great!
Cool!! Good luck in your career path
jasmeenx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Coffee192)
I'm choosing my A Levels, and I don't know whether to take geography or psychology. I did GCSE geography and really enjoyed it, but i sometimes found the physical side quite boring, especially the topic with rivers. Psychology also looks really interesting. I think I would like to do law at uni, so neither of them are required, but would one of them be more useful/respected than the other? And anyone who has done Edexcel A Level geography, how different is it from GCSE? Is there anything to do with rivers because I couldn't stand that topic! Is it hard?
And anyone doing psychology, please let me know how you are finding it so far

Thank youuuu
hi there! just finished my alevels of law, psych and maths this year and im going on to do law at uni so i thought i could help a little! i think that its important you look at the contents of the geography course and balance whether your love of geography outweighs your interest in psychology; i personally really enjoyed my psych course (AQA) and my teachers did a great job at teaching it.

i would personally recommend psychology if you are seriously considering to do law at uni because it definitely gets you thinking more about human behaviour etc which is a surprising overlap in law too. even if you change your mind about law later on, psychology (although content-heavy) is incredibly fascinating and widely applicable to our daily lives so i would recommend everyone to do it if i could !

good luck and let me know if theres anything i can help with (psych and law related)
Coffee192
Rep:
?
(Original post by jasmeenx)
hi there! just finished my alevels of law, psych and maths this year and im going on to do law at uni so i thought i could help a little! i think that its important you look at the contents of the geography course and balance whether your love of geography outweighs your interest in psychology; i personally really enjoyed my psych course (AQA) and my teachers did a great job at teaching it.

i would personally recommend psychology if you are seriously considering to do law at uni because it definitely gets you thinking more about human behaviour etc which is a surprising overlap in law too. even if you change your mind about law later on, psychology (although content-heavy) is incredibly fascinating and widely applicable to our daily lives so i would recommend everyone to do it if i could !

good luck and let me know if theres anything i can help with (psych and law related)
Thank you so much! That's really helpful! I do think I would prefer psychology - it looks so interesting, and i'm really not a big fan of physical geography (which I think is quite a big part of the A Level!) And yes, I completely agree with psychology being very relevant and applicable to everyday life. Good luck with your A Level results/uni!!
Coffee192
Rep:
?
(Original post by jae jae)
Cool!! Good luck in your career path
Thank you. Good luck to you too!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise