Will the autumn a level exam happen for certain?

Watch
curiousperson123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I want to start revising for it but I want to know if it will happen or will it be cancelled nearer to the exams like how they cancelled the June exams in March?
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No one can say for certain but the government seem adamant on schools fully reopening in September regardless of the risk, and after the uproar over the original exam cancellations and the sqa results (there have been protests), I can expect a similar uproar this Thursday for a-levels and then for GCSE’s as well. There will be anger and complaints and the class of 2020 for a-levels and GCSE’s will no doubt pester the government for a chance at exams. That’s why we got October exams in the first place tbh. Exams boards have confirmed dates and timetables for the exams and so we can’t know if they’ll cancel them until we get closer. However, if they do there’s always next summer to take them (although this will bugger a lot of people up in terms of their future plans) and they might just stagger it more. It depends on how many people enter for the exams, how many will sit them at your test centre, if we could somehow do remote exams where we get monitored to make sure we aren’t cheating (like the at home version of the UCAT test for medical applicants this year), or if they just postpone them until January etc. I understand it’s very annoying and frustrating to not be certain, but I don’t reckon they’ll cancel them unless we get to the extreme. So I’d say still revise. You won’t lose anything if you revise even if they do cancel them. Because there’s always summer and if you revise now that just means you’re well prepared in case the autumn ones do happen, and even more prepared if they get cancelled and you have to do them in summer.
Last edited by Anonymous17!; 2 months ago
Iamnotokay2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
uh why did my message get deleted for no reason?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed