Can I reject my UCAS insurance choice?

Watch this thread
peterdxherty
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I no longer want to go to my insurance choice on UCAS if I don't get the grades for my firm choice, as I'd rather sit exams in October to actually get the grades for my firm (who've extended my offer to next year if I do). How do I reject my insurance so that I'm not automatically enrolled? I've contacted them but they forwarded an email from UCAS which was unintelligible.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by theeetimdoherty)
I no longer want to go to my insurance choice on UCAS if I don't get the grades for my firm choice, as I'd rather sit exams in October to actually get the grades for my firm (who've extended my offer to next year if I do). How do I reject my insurance so that I'm not automatically enrolled? I've contacted them but they forwarded an email from UCAS which was unintelligible.
You can't do this now. You're a month too late to sort this out in advance of results day.

If you don't want to go to your insurance then you'll need to wait and see what Track says on results day.
IF you're rejected by your firm and your insurance choice has changed to Unconditional then you'll be able to use "decline my place" on Track to place yourself into Clearing.
IF you're rejected by your firm and your insurance choice is still showing as Conditional then you'll need to RING your insurance choice to ask them to accept/reject you ASAP (explain that you want to go into Clearing so whatever they do doesn't matter as long as they do it QUICKLY). If they reject you - you're in clearing, if the accept you then you can use "decline my place" to place yourself into clearing.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you want to go to your firm uni still?

If results dont go as planned you might want to ask if they can hold your offer as conditional firm .

Unis should be able to do this to January this year, pending your Autumn exams, which will count as a first sitting.
Its worth noting the uni is not required to and can say no, or re-apply. But UCAS are allowing it for this year due to the situation with exams.
Flipping Nora
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by theeetimdoherty)
Hey, if you still want any information I just wanted to let you know we're holding a Q&A with UCAS on Wednesday - you could ask this question here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6604902 and they could answer and give you advice on what to do
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mnot)
Do you want to go to your firm uni still?

If results dont go as planned you might want to ask if they can hold your offer as conditional firm .

Unis should be able to do this to January this year, pending your Autumn exams, which will count as a first sitting.
Its worth noting the uni is not required to and can say no, or re-apply. But UCAS are allowing it for this year due to the situation with exams.
That will only be an option if the OPs firm choice hasn't rejected them. If they have rejected them then they'll need to apply back to their firm (following instructions) via clearing - but then the option to put a Delayed Confirmation (DCF) flag wont be available as clearing offers can only be unconditional.

Basically once your firm rejects you then your only option if taking Autumn exams is to reapply after getting reassurance from the firm that they will honour the same offer conditions for 2021/22
mnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
That will only be an option if the OPs firm choice hasn't rejected them. If they have rejected them then they'll need to apply back to their firm (following instructions) via clearing - but then the option to put a Delayed Confirmation (DCF) flag wont be available as clearing offers can only be unconditional.

Basically once your firm rejects you then your only option if taking Autumn exams is to reapply after getting reassurance from the firm that they will honour the same offer conditions for 2021/22
Would you recommend a student who would still like to attend the uni should email the uni in question before results day and notify them of their intention to sit Autumn exams if they miss so the uni knows to consider this rather than a rejection?
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mnot)
Would you recommend a student who would still like to attend the uni should email the uni in question before results day and notify them of their intention to sit Autumn exams if they miss so the uni knows to consider this rather than a rejection?
It's too late for that now I'm afraid.

With help from UCAS a university can "retrieve" a rejected firm applicant back to CF but that's not a popular option (with UCAS or universities - no one likes admitting a mistake). I suspect this is another thing that will lead to a LOT of applicants being left in limbo (CF) on results day while universities play it safe.
mnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
It's too late for that now I'm afraid.

With help from UCAS a university can "retrieve" a rejected firm applicant back to CF but that's not a popular option (with UCAS or universities - no one likes admitting a mistake). I suspect this is another thing that will lead to a LOT of applicants being left in limbo (CF) on results day while universities play it safe.
PRSOM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
42.49%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (54)
8.72%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.27%

Watched Threads