A-Levels - Private Candidate/Resit Help

Watch
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi.

I have a question regarding the grades of private candidates who have been predicted a grade with a centre/school.

Will private candidates be distinguished from internal students? I've asked Ofqual this question and they said that the presence of private candidates will be known but AQA said that there is no difference between a private candidate a normal student candidate and I'm really worried about this because the centre I'm entered with is quite underperforming?

Also if we are distinguished will they consider the individual prior attainment of a private candidate and which evidence will they factor in? (I've sat this A-Level last year and I'm resitting it, my result last year was quite poor). Will they consider GCSEs or just last years grade as I'm concerned this also may hinder the result I receive this year?

Thanks.
Last edited by cheerIeader; 1 year ago
NYANCAT_2.0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do not mind I’m doing this for the badge
cheerIeader
Rep:
?
Someone help me. :'(
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
More data will be issued on exactly how the grades were decided at when the results are received. I suggest you wait for that and see if it answers your questions.
cheerIeader
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
More data will be issued on exactly how the grades were decided at when the results are received. I suggest you wait for that and see if it answers your questions.
Don't wana live in fear and loathing. :'(
NYANCAT_2.0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cheerIeader)
Someone help me. :'(
Hmmm... no. As I’m not bothered to.
cheerIeader
Rep:
?
(Original post by NYANCAT_2.0)
Hmmm... no. As I’m not bothered to.
But that's so mean. :'(
yyyyzryrd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As far as I'm aware, it depends on the exam board. They all are slightly different. Check on their website. If you can't find it, email them - they respond very quick.
cheerIeader
Rep:
?
(Original post by yyyyzryrd)
As far as I'm aware, it depends on the exam board. They all are slightly different. Check on their website. If you can't find it, email them - they respond very quick.
Ofqual told me that private candidates would be acknowledged in rank order but AQA said that we would be seen as the same as normal students with the centre we're entered with. Surely this can't be the case? Wouldn't that be entirely unfair?

I'm not sure if the operator at AQA was 100% certain though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.53%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed