The Student Room Group

Engineering Personal Statement Help!

Is it worth talking about physics related books in your engineering personal statement?
I read 6 easy pieces and am now about to read a brief history of time,
bump.
If it is for engineering then yes. My college recommends talking about academic books in your personal statement as it shows that you're actively researching around your subject outside of school and it shows that you're not passive about what you want to study. Perhaps don't include all of the books you've read but include the ones that had the biggest impact on you and include what you've actually learnt'realised through the book.
Original post by Banechann
If it is for engineering then yes. My college recommends talking about academic books in your personal statement as it shows that you're actively researching around your subject outside of school and it shows that you're not passive about what you want to study. Perhaps don't include all of the books you've read but include the ones that had the biggest impact on you and include what you've actually learnt'realised through the book.

Thanks for your reply, even if they're not related to engineering directly?
Like 6 easy pieces is more for physics than engineering.
Original post by hasnat614
Thanks for your reply, even if they're not related to engineering directly?
Like 6 easy pieces is more for physics than engineering.

Yeah that's fine as physics has a lot to do with engineering in general. But, it would be better if you could link what you've read to engineering.
Original post by Banechann
Yeah that's fine as physics has a lot to do with engineering in general. But, it would be better if you could link what you've read to engineering.

Will do! Thanks a lot! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending