miabxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone know what the average timetable is like at Liverpool, specifically for Business as I am weighing up whether to come here or not. My commute door to door would take about an hour and the idea of big gaps in the timetable is making me question whether this is a good idea.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by miabxx)
Does anyone know what the average timetable is like at Liverpool, specifically for Business as I am weighing up whether to come here or not. My commute door to door would take about an hour and the idea of big gaps in the timetable is making me question whether this is a good idea.
Hi there, so, timetables will only be set in September (I think this is the same for most other universities). I would expect maybe 12 hours or so per week (could be more or less, I didn't do Business). But this will be the same at other universities, so I wouldn't base your decision on that. Plus, this year, most lectures will also be accessible online, so that will help.
whitesidemia30
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do a psychology degree and commute from home which is about an hour away, it’s definitely personal choice- I loved living at home because I didn’t have big accommodation fees. My contact time was generally 12 hours a week, I had every Wednesday off and even some Thursdays and on days where l had gaps I just went to the library to finish my notes or do coursework. It’s definitely personal preference though
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i

Hi there miabxx,

Glad to hear you were considering studying at the University of Liverpool! What did you decide in the end? did you end up going to UoL, I'm interesting to see how you found commuting, and I'm sure lots of others on here will be too!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
miabxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
i

Hi there miabxx,

Glad to hear you were considering studying at the University of Liverpool! What did you decide in the end? did you end up going to UoL, I'm interesting to see how you found commuting, and I'm sure lots of others on here will be too!

Hi,

No I decided to go to my local university in the end purely due to uncertainty of the pandemic but I realise now that the commuting wouldn’t have been too much of a problem as it is all online anyway!
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

No I decided to go to my local university in the end purely due to uncertainty of the pandemic but I realise now that the commuting wouldn’t have been too much of a problem as it is all online anyway!
Hi there,

Oh okay, well I hope its going well there!

But yes you are right, pretty much everyone is studying from home now so I suppose the commuting won't matter, it will be interesting to see if Universities continue to offer an online option which could have been really useful for people like you!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.26%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
14.89%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (5)
10.64%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (4)
8.51%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (20)
42.55%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
19.15%

Watched Threads