The Student Room Group

Masters funding - EU student?

Hi There,
Can't find an answer to my questions which is whether I'm eligible for pg loan. I studied BSc in the UK as an EU student, graduated in July 2019 and then I Lived&Worked in the EU for almost a year to gain experience before pursuing MSc (and started paying back my undergrad loan). Now that I want to start msc in September, opinions appear that I should be regarded as intl. student for fee purposes (admissions dept of my uni). No one seems to be able to answer my question with surety. What are your opinions on this ? Does breaking my 3-year UK residency by working in EU for 10 mths really mean that I am not entitled for msc finance anymore? Thank you guys
Original post by teepek
Hi There,
Can't find an answer to my questions which is whether I'm eligible for pg loan. I studied BSc in the UK as an EU student, graduated in July 2019 and then I Lived&Worked in the EU for almost a year to gain experience before pursuing MSc (and started paying back my undergrad loan). Now that I want to start msc in September, opinions appear that I should be regarded as intl. student for fee purposes (admissions dept of my uni). No one seems to be able to answer my question with surety. What are your opinions on this ? Does breaking my 3-year UK residency by working in EU for 10 mths really mean that I am not entitled for msc finance anymore? Thank you guys

As long as you have lived within the EU for the last 3 years and you havcent done a masters anywhere else, then you will be eligible. I assume you are an EU citizen, in which case as long as your course starts this year, then you will be eligible for home fees.
https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility
Reply 2
Yeah, I'm EU national, thx. I was wondering if 'having been EEA resident for the past 3 yrs' can be 2 years in the UK and last 1 year in Czech Rep. Technically it's still within EEA or EU so I should qualify but others may interpret it differently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending