[Official] Oxford Archaeology and Anthropology Applicants 2021

Watch
EvieRaja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys I haven’t seen a thread for arch and anth applicants as it seems to be one of the less popular courses.

I think I am going to apply in october so I thought I would make a thread to discuss the application etc
Jessieeeeeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiiii, I am somewhat hesitating. What a-levels are you doing and what predicted grades did you get?
EvieRaja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jessieeeeeeeeee)
Hiiii, I am somewhat hesitating. What a-levels are you doing and what predicted grades did you get?
Hi I’m doing Biology Chemistry and English Literature as I originally wanted to apply for medicine, slightly annoying but I have seen people get an offer with these A-Levels so not too worried.

We don’t have our official predicted grades yet but I’m hoping for A*A*A and an A/A* in my EPQ hopefully

And yeah I have only decided on arch and anth recently I was set on HSPS at Cambridge but realised I am not really that interested in Politics and Sociology

Wbu??
Jessieeeeeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EvieRaja)
Hi I’m doing Biology Chemistry and English Literature as I originally wanted to apply for medicine, slightly annoying but I have seen people get an offer with these A-Levels so not too worried.

We don’t have our official predicted grades yet but I’m hoping for A*A*A and an A/A* in my EPQ hopefully

And yeah I have only decided on arch and anth recently I was set on HSPS at Cambridge but realised I am not really that interested in Politics and Sociology

Wbu??
I really haven't made up my mind yet. I'm doing maths economics and history (no science subjects like Bio so I'm sort of worried), and I'm hoping for 3A*s, also hoping for an A/A* in EPQ.
EvieRaja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jessieeeeeeeeee)
I really haven't made up my mind yet. I'm doing maths economics and history (no science subjects like Bio so I'm sort of worried), and I'm hoping for 3A*s, also hoping for an A/A* in EPQ.
I wouldn’t worry at all about not doing science, I thought the same about not doing history etc and economics is a social science and would be useful in the economic anthropology side of things.

What courses are you deciding between?

And I’m kinda nervous about the tiny cohort I honestly don’t know if I have a shot of getting in
Jessieeeeeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EvieRaja)
I wouldn’t worry at all about not doing science, I thought the same about not doing history etc and economics is a social science and would be useful in the economic anthropology side of things.

What courses are you deciding between?

And I’m kinda nervous about the tiny cohort I honestly don’t know if I have a shot of getting in
I'm also considering Oxford Law and Cam HSPS, literally can't make a decision.
EvieRaja
Rep:
?
Ooo what interests you about arch and Anth the most?

I wouldn’t worry I was very torn between subjects for ages I went from medicine to philosophy to English lit to HSPS and now arch and Anth and probs social Anth at other unis

I great piece of advice I got was to think about what is always on my mind in spare minutes e.g. when you’re sat on a train with nothing to do etc

For me I was in some way always thinking about humans what makes us who we are etc which made me realise anthropology was right for me.
I also realised I don’t like eng lit for the language and form but for the story it tells about humanity in each narrative.

Hopefully that helps I would defo think about what do you particularly like about your A-Levels etc

And that’s cool about law I’m thinking about doing a law conversion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.38%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.93%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (169)
38.32%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.43%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise