[Official] Oxford Archaeology and Anthropology Applicants 2021

Watch
EvieRaja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys I haven’t seen a thread for arch and anth applicants as it seems to be one of the less popular courses.

I think I am going to apply in october so I thought I would make a thread to discuss the application etc
Jessieeeeeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hiiii, I am somewhat hesitating. What a-levels are you doing and what predicted grades did you get?
EvieRaja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jessieeeeeeeeee)
Hiiii, I am somewhat hesitating. What a-levels are you doing and what predicted grades did you get?
Hi I’m doing Biology Chemistry and English Literature as I originally wanted to apply for medicine, slightly annoying but I have seen people get an offer with these A-Levels so not too worried.

We don’t have our official predicted grades yet but I’m hoping for A*A*A and an A/A* in my EPQ hopefully

And yeah I have only decided on arch and anth recently I was set on HSPS at Cambridge but realised I am not really that interested in Politics and Sociology

Wbu??
Jessieeeeeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EvieRaja)
Hi I’m doing Biology Chemistry and English Literature as I originally wanted to apply for medicine, slightly annoying but I have seen people get an offer with these A-Levels so not too worried.

We don’t have our official predicted grades yet but I’m hoping for A*A*A and an A/A* in my EPQ hopefully

And yeah I have only decided on arch and anth recently I was set on HSPS at Cambridge but realised I am not really that interested in Politics and Sociology

Wbu??
I really haven't made up my mind yet. I'm doing maths economics and history (no science subjects like Bio so I'm sort of worried), and I'm hoping for 3A*s, also hoping for an A/A* in EPQ.
EvieRaja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jessieeeeeeeeee)
I really haven't made up my mind yet. I'm doing maths economics and history (no science subjects like Bio so I'm sort of worried), and I'm hoping for 3A*s, also hoping for an A/A* in EPQ.
I wouldn’t worry at all about not doing science, I thought the same about not doing history etc and economics is a social science and would be useful in the economic anthropology side of things.

What courses are you deciding between?

And I’m kinda nervous about the tiny cohort I honestly don’t know if I have a shot of getting in
Jessieeeeeeeeee
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EvieRaja)
I wouldn’t worry at all about not doing science, I thought the same about not doing history etc and economics is a social science and would be useful in the economic anthropology side of things.

What courses are you deciding between?

And I’m kinda nervous about the tiny cohort I honestly don’t know if I have a shot of getting in
I'm also considering Oxford Law and Cam HSPS, literally can't make a decision.
EvieRaja
Rep:
?
Ooo what interests you about arch and Anth the most?

I wouldn’t worry I was very torn between subjects for ages I went from medicine to philosophy to English lit to HSPS and now arch and Anth and probs social Anth at other unis

I great piece of advice I got was to think about what is always on my mind in spare minutes e.g. when you’re sat on a train with nothing to do etc

For me I was in some way always thinking about humans what makes us who we are etc which made me realise anthropology was right for me.
I also realised I don’t like eng lit for the language and form but for the story it tells about humanity in each narrative.

Hopefully that helps I would defo think about what do you particularly like about your A-Levels etc

And that’s cool about law I’m thinking about doing a law conversion
jesshughes1610
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi!
is anyone else really stressed about written work? My school doesn’t have many applicants so I’ve been really confused and worried about the 500 word essay. If anyone knows anything or has their own tips about that it’s be great! Wales have announced a lockdown that lasts until november 9th so i don’t know how i’m going to be able to submit work. So yeah not having fun with it at the moment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.61%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.3%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (445)
48.16%

Watched Threads