UNI RESULTS. Engineering at Loughborough, KCL, Warwick and Uni Talk

Watch
maz_fs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone,
Results day is coming up and I was wondering whether anyone can help me with a few things. My predicted grades are AAB, my firm is robotics mechatronics and control engineering Beng at Loughborough (offer ABB) and my reserve is electrical engineering BEng at QMUL (BBB).
1 – I don’t feel like I’ll get my predicted grades and instead will get anything from ABB-BBC. If I do get BBC then I’m 2 grades off my firm choice. What are the chances that I get into my firm choice? And does anyone know anyone else or has personal experiences of being in this same situation before for their choices at Loughborough/engineering and still managed to get in?
2 – If I do get good results, then I will also consider doing engineering at Warwick or KCL. What are the pros and cons from doing it (this includes: teaching, the uni in general, industrial links….)
3 – If people do miss their offer, then what do they say on the phone to persuade the unis to give them a place on their chosen course? (I am interested in working in the automotive sector if this helps you when giving me an answer)
Need an urgent reply
Thanks
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you looked into Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering ? I think unis will have spaces as a lot are in clearing. If you want to go the robotics mechatronics and control engineering route then call your firm on the day and ask them. Same with your insurance.

Loughborough is very good. Also consider Bath, Bristol, Brunel, Leeds, Southampton, Oxford Brookes, University of Hertfordshire and Coventry.
maz_fs
Rep:
?
(Original post by 161BMW)
Have you looked into Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering ? I think unis will have spaces as a lot are in clearing. If you want to go the robotics mechatronics and control engineering route then call your firm on the day and ask them. Same with your insurance.

Loughborough is very good. Also consider Bath, Bristol, Brunel, Leeds, Southampton, Oxford Brookes, University of Hertfordshire and Coventry.
I have looked into those courses too. But i prefer the electrical/robotics side of engineering. Due to distance, I have only looked into Southampton, Nottingham and Essex uni. Nottingham is also showing to be a good uni too. I was wondering what your take is on this considering my situation in regards to grades. Also do u know how lenient they may be (Notts, Southampton, Lboro...)
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by maz_fs)
I have looked into those courses too. But i prefer the electrical/robotics side of engineering. Due to distance, I have only looked into Southampton, Nottingham and Essex uni. Nottingham is also showing to be a good uni too. I was wondering what your take is on this considering my situation in regards to grades. Also do u know how lenient they may be (Notts, Southampton, Lboro...)
I think they may be lenient but you won’t know till you call them. Most of the courses I applied for have vacancies.

I also applied for Loughborough albeit Automotive Engineering (MEng). Very good course but also would have been very expensive for me too being a mature student.

Loughborough and Southampton would be my pick from Loughborough, Southampton, Nottingham, Essex. Loughborough and Southampton are very highly regarded in industry according to my research for automotive or motorsport. Coventry, Bath, Leeds, Oxford Brookes, University of Hertfordshire, Brunel and Bristol too.
Last edited by 161BMW; 2 months ago
maz_fs
Rep:
?
(Original post by 161BMW)
I think they may be lenient but you won’t know till you call them. Most of the courses I applied for have vacancies.

I also applied for Loughborough albeit Automotive Engineering (MEng). Very good course but also would have been very expensive for me too being a mature student.

Loughborough and Southampton would be my pick from Loughborough, Southampton, Nottingham, Essex. Loughborough and Southampton are very highly regarded in industry according to my research for automotive or motorsport. Coventry, Bath, Leeds, Oxford Brookes, University of Hertfordshire, Brunel and Bristol too.
I agree. They do show promising results in regards to the automotive/motorsport sector.
Just wondering, did you attend any virtual courses/sessions or do anything which may be related to your degree during lockdown. Wasn't sure how much people have done
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by maz_fs)
Hi everyone,
Results day is coming up and I was wondering whether anyone can help me with a few things. My predicted grades are AAB, my firm is robotics mechatronics and control engineering Beng at Loughborough (offer ABB) and my reserve is electrical engineering BEng at QMUL (BBB).
1 – I don’t feel like I’ll get my predicted grades and instead will get anything from ABB-BBC. If I do get BBC then I’m 2 grades off my firm choice. What are the chances that I get into my firm choice? And does anyone know anyone else or has personal experiences of being in this same situation before for their choices at Loughborough/engineering and still managed to get in?

2 – If I do get good results, then I will also consider doing engineering at Warwick or KCL. What are the pros and cons from doing it (this includes: teaching, the uni in general, industrial links….)
3 – If people do miss their offer, then what do they say on the phone to persuade the unis to give them a place on their chosen course? (I am interested in working in the automotive sector if this helps you when giving me an answer)
Need an urgent reply
Thanks
It's possible to get into your firm but it depends on what all the other applicants get. There's no point calling to "persuade them" unless your school has agreed an appeal would be worth it or that you want to be considered for a different course there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (133)
14.79%
I'm not sure (40)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (271)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (433)
48.16%

Watched Threads