The Student Room Group

Friends closer to each other than I am. What do I do ?

So I’m meant to be going out with my family friends to town and honestly if it wasn’t for my sister, I wouldn’t have been invited. My sisters much more closer to the friends than I am, and I’m pretty much only invited because of how I’m related to her. Other than that, if I go or don’t it doesn’t really make a difference. However I do like them, and they are there for me when I need them but other than that, that’s pretty much it. We all had a group chat together, but later on no one talked on it for months. And It wasn’t long till I realised my sister and them made a separate group chat without me. I later on brought it up to my sister and she said it was because they were talking about one of the girls in the groups uncle. I just went along with it but honestly there was nothing about the uncle I couldn’t know. They know if I knew about something I wouldn’t tell anyone.

But now they’ve arranged to meet and I had no clue because they’ve gone and done it on their own little group chat and my sister just told me. I do hate doing these little meetings sometimes because 90% of the time no one talks to me, or they’re talking about something I don’t know, and I feel pushy asking what they’re on about.

This has been happening to me ever since the start of time🤣and it’s not like I can get rid of them or refuse to go because our families are friends and that’s never gonna stop. I love them but it hurts really bad not knowing anything and being left out all the time. I know we’re always going to be around in each other’s life and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the being left out more bearable.
Original post by mon166
So I’m meant to be going out with my family friends to town and honestly if it wasn’t for my sister, I wouldn’t have been invited. My sisters much more closer to the friends than I am, and I’m pretty much only invited because of how I’m related to her. Other than that, if I go or don’t it doesn’t really make a difference. However I do like them, and they are there for me when I need them but other than that, that’s pretty much it. We all had a group chat together, but later on no one talked on it for months. And It wasn’t long till I realised my sister and them made a separate group chat without me. I later on brought it up to my sister and she said it was because they were talking about one of the girls in the groups uncle. I just went along with it but honestly there was nothing about the uncle I couldn’t know. They know if I knew about something I wouldn’t tell anyone.

But now they’ve arranged to meet and I had no clue because they’ve gone and done it on their own little group chat and my sister just told me. I do hate doing these little meetings sometimes because 90% of the time no one talks to me, or they’re talking about something I don’t know, and I feel pushy asking what they’re on about.

This has been happening to me ever since the start of time🤣and it’s not like I can get rid of them or refuse to go because our families are friends and that’s never gonna stop. I love them but it hurts really bad not knowing anything and being left out all the time. I know we’re always going to be around in each other’s life and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the being left out more bearable.

get any edition of this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0091906814/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=how+to+make+friends+and+influence+people&qid=1597075397&sr=8-1

or

Just make yoiur own friends so you are less dependent. I doubt you will change the fact they get on better with your sister.
well in my case i am the sister whose closest to the friends, my older sister who is invited might feel the same, but she has started making other friends so shes fine with it. i make sure not to intrude in her friendship with her new friends so that she can spend time with them more than me.

i suggest just try and look for your own friends who have the same interests in you
Reply 3
Original post by fattyguen
well in my case i am the sister whose closest to the friends, my older sister who is invited might feel the same, but she has started making other friends so shes fine with it. i make sure not to intrude in her friendship with her new friends so that she can spend time with them more than me.

i suggest just try and look for your own friends who have the same interests in you

I do have good friends outside of this group. What I’m talking about how the group consists of our family friends so it’s nothing about leaving them behind and looking for new people because they’re the only people really🤣 but thank u tho x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending