The Student Room Group

accidentally didn't finish formatting bibliography!!!! how much penalisation??

2nd year dumbass. didn't finish formatting the bibliography before submitting my essay, so the sources aren't in alphabetical order and in footnote format, so the first names of authors are written before last name. how much do you think this will affect my mark??
Original post by Anonymous
2nd year dumbass. didn't finish formatting the bibliography before submitting my essay, so the sources aren't in alphabetical order and in footnote format, so the first names of authors are written before last name. how much do you think this will affect my mark??

Have you still got time before the deadline? You could try submitting it again with correct formatting?

The harshest I could see them being is to dock 5 marks, it'll probably be less in my view - but it depends on the staff member.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Have you still got time before the deadline? You could try submitting it again with correct formatting?

The harshest I could see them being is to dock 5 marks, it'll probably be less in my view - but it depends on the staff member.

no, unfortunately i don't :frown: i only realised after the deadline had passed. i hope my professor's nice lmao.
no, unfortunately i don't :frown: i only realised after the deadline had passed. i hope my professor's nice lmao.

Send your professor and email explaining the situation. No harm in asking.
Reply 4
Tbh I'd probably just put a note on it saying 'whoops, fix next time' and set the rubric for 'imperfectly applied'. minimal loss of marks, if any at all

You should be told the weighting for referencing in your mark scheme for the module. I would be surprised if it was more than 10%. If you have referenced but not in the chosen style [Harvard, APA6 etc] then you will lose about 5 marks. I am assuming you have referenced in the text when writing? If not, that is plagiarism and much more serious.
Reply 6
Original post by mike23mike
You should be told the weighting for referencing in your mark scheme for the module. I would be surprised if it was more than 10%. If you have referenced but not in the chosen style [Harvard, APA6 etc] then you will lose about 5 marks. I am assuming you have referenced in the text when writing? If not, that is plagiarism and much more serious.

yeah i have all required footnotes in the essay. basically i copy and pasted the footnotes, put them under a bibliography heading, removed the page numbers if needed, then went and did something else with the intent on finishing the bibliography later by switching the authors names around and putting them in alphabetical order, but completely forgot to before i submitted the essay.
yeah i have all required footnotes in the essay. basically i copy and pasted the footnotes, put them under a bibliography heading, removed the page numbers if needed, then went and did something else with the intent on finishing the bibliography later by switching the authors names around and putting them in alphabetical order, but completely forgot to before i submitted the essay.

have you seen the site www.mybib.com? It will take away your referencing troubles.

Hi, if you don't mind sharing,just want to ask how did it ended for your grades as I just made the same mistake as you :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest