any other asians getting married back home?

Watch
AdeelK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm a British born Pakistani and I've reached an age where I am well settled, have a job and my own place now and my family have been asking me about when I'm going to get married. Now that I've been in a series of failed relationships with women(non-Muslim) I kind of knew were not suitable for me, I have tried looking for other avenues in the UK to find someone suitable. It's not been working out for me here in UK, the expectations are too high for a man and my family is not well socially established here compared to back home in Pakistan.
Especially for high in demand women the standards are too high here in the UK asian marriage market. I am not a doctor and I am not six foot nor do I own a sports car. I've tried Muzmatch and have spoken to marriage advisors in the Mosque but I have had no luck in the past couple of years, so now my parents are in talks with families of women from back in Pakistan(NOT cousins), they are mostly friends of my family back there. Doing it back home means that I have many options and I can be picky, so I just hope I find a woman who is able to work in UK and doesn't want to marry me just for the visa. Anyone else had experience of getting married back home?
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Never had to experience this, mainly because im 14, a girl and not asian
AdeelK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hannah0505)
Never had to experience this, mainly because im 14, a girl and not asian
ah ok. I am only asking people from south asian backgrounds....
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
I’m an arabbb so my dad wants me to marry someone from back home when 1. They’re not even my type 2. I’m not used to staying my country and 3. I don’t think I even wanna life there
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
My mum got married to an Pakistani and ngl he literally abandoned all his kids to have a better life here alone. Selfish I think. Just make sure they’ve got a degree and look for signs of desperation to come to the uk
AdeelK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
My mum got married to an Pakistani and ngl he literally abandoned all his kids to have a better life here alone. Selfish I think. Just make sure they’ve got a degree and look for signs of desperation to come to the uk
Yes I agree, I am looking for a woman who is working and is willing to work in UK.
AdeelK
Rep:
?
BUMP
chikane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well my uk cousin is engaged to a guy who lives in

(Original post by AdeelK)
BUMP
My UK cousin is engaged to a guy in Pakistan. She only chatted to him by phone or video call then was engaged in Jan just gone she never met him irl yet she is engaged to him. Don't know when the wedding will be or if she changes her mind cause getting to know someone by phone is different to meeting in person you get a feel for what they are like and whether you are compatible plus how long it will take for him to eventually come over on spouse visa as they ask for a lot of documentation and evidence its genuine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30.88%
No (47)
69.12%

Watched Threads