The Student Room Group

How does indeed know how many people have applied?

I applied for a job on indeed a few days ago and I know that one some jobs, if loads of people have applied there’s a ‘many applicants’ button thingy on the advertisement. Anyway, this jobs been up for almost a week and I applied a few hours after it was posted, and I’ve been checking to see if many people have applied and it doesn’t say ‘many applicants’ on it. I know that people might have applied through other job sites, but at least on indeed there aren’t many...

However, this job posting is one of those ones that when you press apply now on indeed, it takes you straight to the job posting on the company website. I’ve seen the job posted on other job sites, and it’s same with them too.

So, how does indeed know how many people have applied? Does it measure it by seeing how many people click the ‘apply now’ button or does it measure it based on how many people send in a cv THROUGH indeed? I just want to know because I’m trying to get an idea of how many people I could be up against
(edited 3 years ago)
Digital online footprint.
Original post by kingpin x

So they measure it by people’s actions? Like if they press the apply now button?
Original post by kingpin x

What does that mean? I just want to know if they base it on how meant people click the ‘apply now’ button?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending