The Student Room Group

What is the oldest you will date?

What is your age limit when it comes to dating?

Scroll to see replies

im sayin 2-3 years older
Probably mid or late 60s.
my age or someone younger in the future. i.e when im 25 probs 21-25
Probably 23, unless I met someone I really liked who was older then maybe upto 26?
Original post by londonmyst
Probably mid or late 60s.

assuming you're like 30. don't you have kids in mind? not to sound grim but late 60s theres a high chance of death yk
Reply 8
Generally 2 years older...so 21 at the moment, I want to be at the same stage of life as me at the moment just logistic wise in a relationship it's easier to manage and compromise, but I'm sure when I get into the real world this will increase, probably keeping within the 10 year interval though e.g. in my twenties I'd date someone in my twenties, in my thirties someone in my thirties ect.
Original post by thatman100
assuming you're like 30. don't you have kids in mind? not to sound grim but late 60s theres a high chance of death yk

I'm 25.
I only plan to have one child.
Reply 10
I'm 24, so my age range is 20-30.
I'm 29, and I'd maybe go up to... 35? Depends a lot on the person too.
At the highest: 23/24. But I’m not picky.
I'm a 25 year old female. Probably 44, that way they're not 20 years older than me and still over a decade younger than my parents lol
Within the 18-22 age range

I'm 17
Using dating apps as a mid 20 year old who likes older men is such a nuisance and it's difficult to find anyone in your day to day too. Because of this I have settled for ones nearer my age but would never with someone younger than me.
Well I wouldn’t put an age on it but I would prefer if they were 24 ish oldest because if they’re too old, they will want kids, more stuff sooner so.
5 years older and maybe 1 year younger
Original post by Anonymous
What is your age limit when it comes to dating?

There is apparently a calculation for it.

For men: (X/2) + 7 years; where X is age of man
For women: (X * 2) - 7 years; where X is age of woman.
I would probably aim for the 25-35 range.

Quick Reply