s.akram
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I’ve got a conditional offer from DMU which is my firm and Anglia Ruskin as my insurance which is unconditional. I no longer want to go Anglia Ruskin if I don’t get the grades for DMU. I want to go DMU regardless and really want my course. I don’t really understand how clearing works and just wanted to know what I have to do in my situation. So I contact Anglia Ruskin and tell them or how does it work.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by s.akram)
So I’ve got a conditional offer from DMU which is my firm and Anglia Ruskin as my insurance which is unconditional. I no longer want to go Anglia Ruskin if I don’t get the grades for DMU. I want to go DMU regardless and really want my course. I don’t really understand how clearing works and just wanted to know what I have to do in my situation. So I contact Anglia Ruskin and tell them or how does it work.
If you get into Anglia ruskin then you could put yourself into clearing, a button should appear in track
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you don't meet the conditions of your conditional firm offer at DMU, and they don't accept you as a near miss applicant when you speak to them on the day, they are almost certainly not going to accept you as a clearing applicant. I think the clearing question is a bit moot as a result.

Wait to see what your results are, and if you just miss the conditions of your offer but track hasn't updated to a rejection, contact the uni on the day and ask if they will still consider you.
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by s.akram)
Just call us at 8.00am tomorrow! We can talk you through everything on the phone there and then: 01245 686868.
Or we have a live chat who can talk you through it too, just click the button on the bottom right of our website.

Our YouTube video explains a lot about Clearing too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy_QPlB6R6Y
s.akram
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by ARUOfficial)
Just call us at 8.00am tomorrow! We can talk you through everything on the phone there and then: 01245 686868.
Or we have a live chat who can talk you through it too, just click the button on the bottom right of our website.

Our YouTube video explains a lot about Clearing too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy_QPlB6R6Y
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads