The Student Room Group

Would you go out with a girl who had a learning disability?

What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

I have a leaning difficulty. If people would date me, i’m sure they would date someone with a learning disability.
Original post by Anonymous
What do you guys think?

I have a couple of learning difficulties and I m married :smile:
Sure, as long as she had beautiful feet :smile:
Nope
Nope

Why not?
If it didn't affect her looks and speech, and behaviour around strangers.
its about the soul

nvm no
(edited 3 years ago)
What do you guys think?

Will you stop all of these would you, should they threads on anon?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
If it didn't affect her looks and speech and behaviour around strangers.

So anyone with social anxiety, even if they acted brave to hide it, you wouldn’t date?
Original post by Torigracex
Why not?

Because i dont want to be in a different intellectual level with them and having to explain or take care of them. maybe ill give a pass to dyslexic people tho
No.
I'm female and don't date girls.
Because i dont want to be in a different intellectual level with them and having to explain or take care of them. maybe ill give a pass to dyslexic people tho

lol that’s funny. Some people with a disability can aid there academics. Like autism, it’s a learning disability, but those with more Aspergers presentation are very smart but still classes as a learning disability. What would you do then?
Learning disability and learning difficulty aren't the same things.
Original post by Tttsssrrr1
lol that’s funny. Some people with a disability can aid there academics. Like autism, it’s a learning disability, but those with more Aspergers presentation are very smart but still classes as a learning disability. What would you do then?

Yeah this is so true i feel like as soon as you put a label on things people are deterred

Thats my personal opinion i can date whoever i want. also i dont want to be with an autistic person, idc how smart they are, they normally have other issues to deal with
Reply 16
I work with inpatients who have a learning disability and all they ever want is to love someone and be loved like anyone else. A learning disability shouldn’t be a barrier in dating but I can understand that depending on how severe it is, it can be.

I can’t say yes or no as I think it depends on the individual person (although I’m a straight female). I believe there’s someone out there for everyone.
(edited 3 years ago)
So anyone with social anxiety, even if they acted brave to hide it, you wouldn’t date?

Exactly.
Thats my personal opinion i can date whoever i want. also i dont want to be with an autistic person, idc how smart they are, they normally have other issues to deal with

Umm, I’m autistic
What do you guys think?

Doesn't it depend on the severity? There's differences in disability and difficulty too. Down's syndrome causes a learning disability whilst things like dyslexia and dyscalculia are learning difficulties. I've met people who I would say have mild learning disabilities who have still managed to get married or at least have children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending