How to tell my best friend I’m in love with her?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This girl I met who was my flat mate during freshers, we’ve gotten so close and we’re best friends. I’ve caught feelings and it feels so weird. Idk how to read the signals though... like sometimes she’ll tell me things about guys messaging her and it’s like okay surely this means she’s not interested cause she’s telling me about other guys? But then other times she will say stuff like do you wanna video call I miss you...

We’re so close but I really am falling for her. What do I do? I doubt she’ll like me back cause I’m a loser tbh, not attractive at all. I don’t want to ruin the amazing friendship we have but I also can’t stay best friends with her forever ...
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Shoot your shot, thats the only only way you will know for sure, otherwise you will be waiting forever
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just tell her - it's the only way you'll know for sure and be able to move on. Do it in person or over video, rather than via text or anything
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just talk to her about it
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This girl I met who was my flat mate during freshers, we’ve gotten so close and we’re best friends. I’ve caught feelings and it feels so weird. Idk how to read the signals though... like sometimes she’ll tell me things about guys messaging her and it’s like okay surely this means she’s not interested cause she’s telling me about other guys? But then other times she will say stuff like do you wanna video call I miss you...

We’re so close but I really am falling for her. What do I do? I doubt she’ll like me back cause I’m a loser tbh, not attractive at all. I don’t want to ruin the amazing friendship we have but I also can’t stay best friends with her forever ...
Do the pros and cons,m esp[ecially if you live in the same house.
Work out how you cna improve what to offer.
Realise that once you do then things will never be the same, so think it through.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
been there done that, not worth the pain it caused - just keep it hidden it'll go away eventually if you ignore it long enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads