Can I just use a green colour corrector on its own?

Watch
arthurpendragon1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a guy and I have really red cheeks from keratosis pilaris. A few of my friends and my sisters have said that a green colour corrector would neutralise the redness on my cheeks as green and red are opposite on the colour wheel. I've since googled this and all of the tutorials use a foundation after (which I've already worn once and it looked awful - it just accentuated all the little bumps I have and it's impractical as I have facial hair which regrows really quickly) .

Could I just use a green colour corrector on its own? I only ask because in all these tutorials, even when they blend it in, you can still see green. Would I just really have to blend it in for a while for it to completely neutralise??

Ladies (and perhaps gents), HELP!
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a colour correction palette (and very temperamental red skin). What I’ve found to work is using both the green and yellow correctors usually leads to covering the redness and not looking green still. I tend to either mix the two colours together and apply them, or apply the green, set with powder and then apply the yellow (altho this does assume you have light coloured skin like I do). You could also try a really light coverage concealer as they usually won’t accentuate bumps of spots and scars as much as foundation, but will still cover up the green left over. Hope this helps!
arthurpendragon1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Torigracex)
I have a colour correction palette (and very temperamental red skin). What I’ve found to work is using both the green and yellow correctors usually leads to covering the redness and not looking green still. I tend to either mix the two colours together and apply them, or apply the green, set with powder and then apply the yellow (altho this does assume you have light coloured skin like I do). You could also try a really light coverage concealer as they usually won’t accentuate bumps of spots and scars as much as foundation, but will still cover up the green left over. Hope this helps!
Brilliant, I'll try this. Thanks so much for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.93%
No (178)
78.07%

Watched Threads