What would you do if you being dismissed in a job but again asked to come back?

Watch
iNeed2p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Personally, i think i would make demands such as salary increase or promotion. Would you not do the same?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you would certainly be in a strong position to enhance your emoluments
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
you would certainly be in a strong position to enhance your emoluments
Yeah i was thinking the same. Thanks
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on why you were dismissed and why they asked you back tbh...
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That would entirely depend on how desperate I was for a job.
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Depends on why you were dismissed and why they asked you back tbh...
They dismissed me because manager thought i was not performing well but, hell they realise that my work ethics are way stronger than any other employee they got there.
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
That would entirely depend on how desperate I was for a job.
Not desperate but, it is good to go back to them right?. For instance, if go to new job, they will pay expected salary i wanted but, for these one i can try with my demands before they have me back since i see them that they want me desperately.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iNeed2p)
Personally, i think i would make demands such as salary increase or promotion. Would you not do the same?
Is this real or just in your imagination?
You havent provided any context.
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Is this real or just in your imagination?
You havent provided any context.
No i got the email from my previous manager today.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not desperate but, it is good to go back to them right?. For instance, if go to new job, they will pay expected salary i wanted but, for these one i can try with my demands before they have me back since i see them that they want me desperately.
Just sounds like they’re desperate tbh-not for you just for anyone. And if they’re desperate they’re not likely to have funds to be promising you anything more.... that’s my take.
Plus, if my manager thought I wasn’t performing well and that wasn’t true then I wouldn’t be going back no matter what. If it Was true then sure, I’d presumably be desperate enough to go back.
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Just sounds like they’re desperate tbh-not for you just for anyone. And if they’re desperate they’re not likely to have funds to be promising you anything more.... that’s my take.
Plus, if my manager thought I wasn’t performing well and that wasn’t true then I wouldn’t be going back no matter what. If it Was true then sure, I’d presumably be desperate enough to go back.
Thank you. I already sent him email now. Decided to ask him a rise with reasons why he should do that. So what if he says no. It's not the end of the world.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
No i got the email from my previous manager today.
Not enough context.
Go back if it suits you and don't if it does not.
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
Not enough context.
Go back if it suits you and don't if it does not.
I will go back when he increases the salary and then it will suit me but, if he doesn't i won't and it won't suit me. Just hate people calling other people like dogs whenever they need you and letting you go when they done with you.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
I will go back when he increases the salary and then it will suit me but, if he doesn't i won't and it won't suit me. Just hate people calling other people like dogs whenever they need you and letting you go when they done with you.
Again not much context, but of it doesnt suit you and the dismissla was unfair or inconsiderate plus it aint a great job, then let him find someone else. It might be easy for him, the point is you would still be back in a job you hated or had bad feelings associated with it. Move on.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I likely wouldn't, if they sacked you once they'll sack you again, plus basic pride.

As others have said, they would likely need to outright bribe me, a company car maybe, a nice office or significant raise. Even then...
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
Again not much context, but of it doesnt suit you and the dismissla was unfair or inconsiderate plus it aint a great job, then let him find someone else. It might be easy for him, the point is you would still be back in a job you hated or had bad feelings associated with it. Move on.
You're right. Thanks
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
I likely wouldn't, if they sacked you once they'll sack you again, plus basic pride.

As others have said, they would likely need to outright bribe me, a company car maybe, a nice office or significant raise. Even then...
Thanks, not going at all. Should have kept my pride.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Forgot to mention, I went back to work for a boss last month who let me go before....but he hadn't sacked me, just said there wasn't more work, it was 0-hour so he had that right and I knew he was giving my job to his crappy son in law. I had a feeling he would hit me up again later in the year when it started going to pot...but he had the sense to offer me a 8% odd raise right off the bat as he knew I'd be s******ing and he'd need to lure me (he told me this :P )
iNeed2p
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Forgot to mention, I went back to work for a boss last month who let me go before....but he hadn't sacked me, just said there wasn't more work, it was 0-hour so he had that right and I knew he was giving my job to his crappy son in law. I had a feeling he would hit me up again later in the year when it started going to pot...but he had the sense to offer me a 8% odd raise right off the bat as he knew I'd be s******ing and he'd need to lure me (he told me this :P )
Lol, Some bosses are pain in the arse and unprofessional. If i was a boss and stranger employee is doing better job than my favoured/relative employee. I would fire my favoured one honestly without a question and promote the one with the good work ethics.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol, Some bosses are pain in the arse and unprofessional. If i was a boss and stranger employee is doing better job than my favoured/relative employee. I would fire my favoured one honestly without a question and promote the one with the good work ethics.
Not as simple as that when your dopey son in law is responsible for providing for your daughter and grandkid, I knew that bit without being told.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (27)
32.14%
Less motivated (57)
67.86%

Watched Threads