EstelleA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have no clue what career path I’d like to take; I’m currently a college student, studying English Literature, History and Media Studies A Levels. I definitely want to go onto university, but for what I’m not sure. My friends are going into stuff like dentistry, medicine, and I want something to go on something high-paying too! I am a very flexible person, so please give me some ideas and advice!
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do a career quiz!
Last edited by Libbyc16; 1 month ago
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EstelleA)
I have no clue what career path I’d like to take; I’m currently a college student, studying English Literature, History and Media Studies A Levels. I definitely want to go onto university, but for what I’m not sure. My friends are going into stuff like dentistry, medicine, and I want something to go on something high-paying too! I am a very flexible person, so please give me some ideas and advice!
Those options are perfect for Law. Do you have an interest in this career path?
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Choose something you enjoy and will be happy studying exclusively for three years.
If you don't have a career in mind, it's best not to pick something too specific to keep your options open.
I would be wary of picking a degree based on what will be a high paying career. Graduates from any degree could end up with high or low pay, it hugely depends on whether you take advantage of opportunities at uni (e.g. summer internships, academic societies, research undertaken).
AnnaDaria
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What I did was order a university prospectus (or just look at the degrees they offer online) and go through the entire thing and bookmark the subjects that interest me and that I would be happy to study. From there u can make a list of those subjects and look at what career each one could lead you into
EstelleA
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I am! What would you recommend?
username5355996
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
what do you want to do?
EstelleA
Rep:
?
(Original post by L-K)
Choose something you enjoy and will be happy studying exclusively for three years.
If you don't have a career in mind, it's best not to pick something too specific to keep your options open.
I would be wary of picking a degree based on what will be a high paying career. Graduates from any degree could end up with high or low pay, it hugely depends on whether you take advantage of opportunities at uni (e.g. summer internships, academic societies, research undertaken).
I will consider that, thank you!
EstelleA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Libbyc16)
do a career quiz!
Sorry could you resend the link? I didn’t get to the quiz!
EstelleA
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnnaDaria)
What I did was order a university prospectus (or just look at the degrees they offer online) and go through the entire thing and bookmark the subjects that interest me and that I would be happy to study. From there u can make a list of those subjects and look at what career each one could lead you into
Thank you!
EstelleA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goldie-Is-King)
what do you want to do?
Anything! Though not with maths haha
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am! What would you recommend?
To see if this career path is right for you I would recommend doing some research...

Here is a link to get you started:
https://www.ucas.com/explore/subjects/law
username5355996
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anything! Though not with maths haha
how about a maths teacher
Libbyc16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry could you resend the link? I didn’t get to the quiz!

https://www.ucas.com/careers/buzz-quiz

https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=5203
EstelleA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goldie-Is-King)
how about a maths teacher
if the pay is good enough
EstelleA
Rep:
?
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (42)
13.42%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (45)
14.38%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (111)
35.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (32)
10.22%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
21.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.11%

Watched Threads