Is This Weird?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so I’ve been at uni a few years now and there’s this guy I met through mutual friends. I started hanging out with this guy a lot, and the main reason for it is because he would always text me asking if I wanted to go out. He would message me late at night asking to go out, which may seem weird but it’s basically because both of our sleep schedules were messed up. At this point I thought he didn’t have a girlfriend (because his friends said he was single) but then later found out he did. I don’t think he told his girlfriend that we were hanging out. And this would happen every day, to the point that people at uni thought we were together. Then his friends started to say he liked me and I kinda broke off the friendship with him because it’s not fair on his girlfriend. Is this weird or am I overthinking it??
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He seems a bit odd and a bit of a red flag that he said he was single when he wasnt. I dont think you did anything wrong.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
He seems a bit odd and a bit of a red flag that he said he was single when he wasnt. I dont think you did anything wrong.
That’s the thing, he didn’t say he was single, it was his friends saying it. He didn’t mention anything about his girlfriend though so it was kinda a grey area for me as I didn’t really know for sure. And I didn’t want him to get the wrong idea by asking him, because I wasn’t interested in him like that
username5355996
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
have you replaced bee as the auntie of tsr
username5194026
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you were kinda right. i think he hit you up at late times not cuz his 'sleeping schedules messed' but thats when his girl aint lool
Anonymous #1
(Original post by thatman100)
you were kinda right. i think he hit you up at late times not cuz his 'sleeping schedules messed' but thats when his girl aint lool
His girlfriend commuted (though she lived in the city) so yeah she wasn’t around at those times Super awkward when he invited me on the date he was supposed to go on with only his girlfriend during normal hours though :eek:
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That’s the thing, he didn’t say he was single, it was his friends saying it. He didn’t mention anything about his girlfriend though so it was kinda a grey area for me as I didn’t really know for sure. And I didn’t want him to get the wrong idea by asking him, because I wasn’t interested in him like that
It sounds like hes just a bit clingy perhaps? You seemed uncomfortable, so whatever his intentions were there was nothing wrong with what you did.
Anonymous #1
It sounds like hes just a bit clingy perhaps? You seemed uncomfortable, so whatever his intentions were there was nothing wrong with what you did.
He is a bit clingy, he still keeps texting me asking why I stopped going out and “if I have a boyfriend” :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (25)
30.86%
Less motivated (56)
69.14%

Watched Threads