how much is teeth whitening in dentist and i am addicted to coffee

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am 20, i been drinking coffee since i was 8. My teeth is very yellowish. I brush my teeth twice a day,floss and mouthwash and still the same colours till this day. I use toothpaste with "white whitening "label on them but seem no different than the normal shop toothpaste.

I drink coffee morning, twice during the day and one at night time. I found it very refreshing and relaxing. So overall, i drink like 4-5 cup of coffee each day. I barely drink water or any sugary drink. My urine is always dark yellow colour , i am not sure if it bad for my health but i did some blood test from GP and there was no issues.

When i try smile, people generally ask if i smoke because of the yellow colours. I don't smoke but i only drink lot of coffee, like i go to starbuck everyday and brew my own coffee at home.

My teeth is healthy and i regularly checked in dentist. Do you recommend i get teeth whitening ( i heard it damage your teeth) and is it too expensive?
AnnaDaria
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've heard you can use hydrogen peroxide or baking soda to whiten teeth but dont use often or you can damage your enamel!
You can try drinking from a straw as the less the coffee touches your teeth the better
Also I'd suggest drinking more water because your urine shouldn't be that colour
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnnaDaria)
I've heard you can use hydrogen peroxide or baking soda to whiten teeth but dont use often or you can damage your enamel!
You can try drinking from a straw as the less the coffee touches your teeth the better
Also I'd suggest drinking more water because your urine shouldn't be that colour
Hi thanks. I am considering laser treatment . For straw i dunno, i think it melt in coffee and it taste like plastic.
StarLinyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am 20, i been drinking coffee since i was 8. My teeth is very yellowish. I brush my teeth twice a day,floss and mouthwash and still the same colours till this day. I use toothpaste with "white whitening "label on them but seem no different than the normal shop toothpaste.

I drink coffee morning, twice during the day and one at night time. I found it very refreshing and relaxing. So overall, i drink like 4-5 cup of coffee each day. I barely drink water or any sugary drink. My urine is always dark yellow colour , i am not sure if it bad for my health but i did some blood test from GP and there was no issues.

When i try smile, people generally ask if i smoke because of the yellow colours. I don't smoke but i only drink lot of coffee, like i go to starbuck everyday and brew my own coffee at home.

My teeth is healthy and i regularly checked in dentist. Do you recommend i get teeth whitening ( i heard it damage your teeth) and is it too expensive?
DO NOT use salt, baking soda, vinegar or any other crazy ingredients - you will only wear away your enamel this way.

A much better way to get your teeth whiter and quickly is to brush for 2 minutes solid, then floss, then brush for 2 minutes again. Do this daily for a week and see the difference.
Anonymous #1
does laser teeth whitening damage enamel?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StarLinyx)
DO NOT use salt, baking soda, vinegar or any other crazy ingredients - you will only wear away your enamel this way.

A much better way to get your teeth whiter and quickly is to brush for 2 minutes solid, then floss, then brush for 2 minutes again. Do this daily for a week and see the difference.
i did brush ,floss and even mouth wash for more than 10 years and still the same result. After all my baby tooth fell out , i was highly addicted to coffee as a result the new teeth were already yellow from when it started growing. I think the yellow stain is permanently. The colour is yellowish. not dark brown or anything like that. it's bright yellow .
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does laser teeth whitening damage enamel?
Not that I know of, but it isn't worth having done unless you are prepared to get it done in 3 sessions at least over time, which is costly. And even then the stains will easily return unless you brush thoroughly like I outlined.
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i did brush ,floss and even mouth wash for more than 10 years and still the same result. After all my baby tooth fell out , i was highly addicted to coffee as a result the new teeth were already yellow from when it started growing. I think the yellow stain is permanently. The colour is yellowish. not dark brown or anything like that. it's bright yellow .
My method worked well for me, although I don't smoke or drink coffee.
Anonymous #1
Not that I know of, but it isn't worth having done unless you are prepared to get it done in 3 sessions at least over time, which is costly. And even then the stains will easily return unless you brush thoroughly like I outlined.
i think the issues is during childhood, i might have didn't brush at night often as a result the coffee stain pretty much adsorb within in the teeth especially if i drink coffee and go to bed after without brushing , i think that was the mistake i did when i was very young.
StarLinyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think the issues is during childhood, i might have didn't brush at night often as a result the coffee stain pretty much adsorb within in the teeth especially if i drink coffee and go to bed after without brushing , i think that was the mistake i did when i was very young.
I would not spend £1000 plus on this treatment - unless it is small change to a wealthy customer.
Anonymous #1
I would not spend £1000 plus on this treatment - unless it is small change to a wealthy customer.
does students get any discount or free treatment for this type of things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads