Uni capped 40% overall grade? 3rd year

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I got high mark in first assessment and failed second assessment which means I had to resit, would the overall be 40% for the whole module??
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This depends on your university and course regulations. We can’t answer this for you. Read your course handbook or speak to your tutor/registry/department office.
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I got high mark in first assessment and failed second assessment which means I had to resit, would the overall be 40% for the whole module??
Yes. check you uni assessment regulations but typically if you fail to submit or fail one part of a two-part assessment totally then the high mark in the other part cannot be used to 'compensate' and give you a pass overall. See Strathclyde Uni policy as an example; you can get 30-39% in one part of the assessment if your overall grade is 45% or higher. But if you get less than 30% in one part of the assessment then compensation cannot apply and you need to retake that element with a capped score of 40%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (14)
27.45%
Less motivated (37)
72.55%

Watched Threads