The Student Room Group

Am I too old to start cheerleading?

So I’m going to uni next September and I want to join the cheerleading society but I haven’t done cheer before and I’m worried it’s too late to pick it up? I’ve learnt some of the basics at home and practiced some routines and stuff but my town doesn’t really have a cheerleading group so I’ve never been able to actually do it
Well when I’m at uni, I hope I don’t get rejected from any societies just for having no experience
Loads of people do sports for the first time when they start uni! Particularly stuff like cheerleading or rowing where there may not be the opportunities to at home. Go for it! :smile:
You’re absolutely not too old, uni is a great time to explore new interests so enjoy!
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m going to uni next September and I want to join the cheerleading society but I haven’t done cheer before and I’m worried it’s too late to pick it up? I’ve learnt some of the basics at home and practiced some routines and stuff but my town doesn’t really have a cheerleading group so I’ve never been able to actually do it

Bit like saying you want to take up netball at uni having never played netball at school. You may make the course cheerleading team [if they have one] but doubtful for the uni team.

Hey but give me a G, give me an O, give me a G, give me an I, give me an R give me an L and what have we got?

Go Girl.

Quick Reply