star_lily
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got 7 A*, 2 A, and 1 B for my results. The B is in Chemistry, which is a subject I'm not taking in IB, or is particularly needed by the path I want to major in (which is psychology). The two A's are from English and Computer Science. I'm aiming for Oxbridge so I'm a little bit worried.. would this have a major impact in the future? (Especially because of the B in Chemistry and A in English) Or can I make up for it in IB? (I am taking English Lit. HL, so if I get a high grade there, would it be okay..?)

Thank you so much for reading..!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by star_lily)
I got 7 A*, 2 A, and 1 B for my results. The B is in Chemistry, which is a subject I'm not taking in IB, or is particularly needed by the path I want to major in (which is psychology). The two A's are from English and Computer Science. I'm aiming for Oxbridge so I'm a little bit worried.. would this have a major impact in the future? (Especially because of the B in Chemistry and A in English) Or can I make up for it in IB? (I am taking English Lit. HL, so if I get a high grade there, would it be okay..?)

Thank you so much for reading..!
With 7A*s I would say it is still worth trying an application to oxford or cambridge as you will have 4 other choices to use.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.46%
No (194)
78.54%

Watched Threads