The Student Room Group

I'm scared my results aren't good enough to apply to Canada...

So I got 4 A's and 4 A*'s in IGCSE O levelsFor AS my results were:-Math: AChemistry: BBiology: BPhysics: BAnd for A levels it was:-Math: ABiology: AChemistry: CMy mum wants me to apply to one of the top 10 (preferebly top 5) universities of Canada and I'm scared that the 'C' sticking out like a sore thumb is going to mess up my chances a lot!!! I wish to study computer science but I'm extremely anxious my Grade in chemistry is going to decrease my chances by a ton...I actually wanted to go to University of Alberta but my heart shattered when a friend said they except nothing below a B. Now the anxiety is just clawing me up from the inside...
Reply 1
Original post by Ewi Kiwi
So I got 4 A's and 4 A*'s in IGCSE O levelsFor AS my results were:-Math: AChemistry: BBiology: BPhysics: BAnd for A levels it was:-Math: ABiology: AChemistry: CMy mum wants me to apply to one of the top 10 (preferebly top 5) universities of Canada and I'm scared that the 'C' sticking out like a sore thumb is going to mess up my chances a lot!!! I wish to study computer science but I'm extremely anxious my Grade in chemistry is going to decrease my chances by a ton...I actually wanted to go to University of Alberta but my heart shattered when a friend said they except nothing below a B. Now the anxiety is just clawing me up from the inside...

It shouldnt matter if youre only a grade below. if it was below a C then that would be different but its still a pass. Many unis dont really mind a few grade difference and only put up those grade boundaries just to filter out people who would apply without anything near to those grades.

Youll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest