Should cannabis be legalised?

Watch
xavana.studies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is a question that I often reflect upon, yet I still can't come to a definitive answer. If mary were 'state-produced' or controlled, it may reduce the risk factors associated with its use via careless dealers, which would increase state safety. However, state-production would evidence who is using the drug, how often, and in which areas, which may influence social segregation (blah blah blah...).
I would really appreciate your views on the subject, as I'm torn between both sides at the moment! Thank you
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking about this earlier because of an article that popped up on my phone about it. There’s evidence that smoking weed if you have a disposition to certain mental disorders (like if you have a family history) can lead to you really suffering from that mental disorder, and there’s evidence that smoking weed can damage parts of your body such as your heart. However, legalising weed would mean that people who only do weed might not be as tempted to move onto harder drugs since dealers often deal more than one drug, which I guess is a good thing. I think there’s a lot of positives and negatives to both sides, I’d never thought about your point on impacting segregation though!
xavana.studies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Torigracex)
I was thinking about this earlier because of an article that popped up on my phone about it. There’s evidence that smoking weed if you have a disposition to certain mental disorders (like if you have a family history) can lead to you really suffering from that mental disorder, and there’s evidence that smoking weed can damage parts of your body such as your heart. However, legalising weed would mean that people who only do weed might not be as tempted to move onto harder drugs since dealers often deal more than one drug, which I guess is a good thing. I think there’s a lot of positives and negatives to both sides, I’d never thought about your point on impacting segregation though!
I'm finding it difficult to fully form my view. As you mention, both sides have really compelling arguments which make this a difficult one thanks for your view, I appreciate the extra info!
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, drug dealers would likely lose money and big businesses would monopolise the industry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads