The Student Room Group

How to budget student loan?

Hello,

I’m due to start university next month and my student loan will be starting then too (I have a little boy so a dependent that I’ll need to take into account)

How do you budget out your student loan?
I don’t have a student account as I don’t qualify for a OD due to bad credit history.

Thank you :smile:
If you need/want to ask question just DM me and I'll help where I can. I think what helped me was calculating how much I could spend per week, then having a savings account with the majority of my loan. I'd transfer my weekly budget to myself on a monday and that way I could keep track of what I was spending per week.
Original post by MollyWA-94
Hello,

I’m due to start university next month and my student loan will be starting then too (I have a little boy so a dependent that I’ll need to take into account)

How do you budget out your student loan?
I don’t have a student account as I don’t qualify for a OD due to bad credit history.

Thank you :smile:

Hey @MollyWA-94!

I normally work out how much of my loan I have left in each instalment after rent and then use the rest to budget
Include how much you would spend each week on a food shop - I'm not sure how much It would be for you maybe £50
And budget for toiletries - wash stuff, toilet rolls etc
You may want some money for going out for days etc
And clothes for yourself and your son

Do you have to enrol your boy in a nursery at all? And would this cost anything extra - as you may need to budget for this as well

Once you have sorted your budget, make sure you absolutely stick to it as you don't want to end up with no money - as that would cause more stress than needed!

I hope this helps you out!
Eloise - Official Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending