The Student Room Group

Flatmates at IQ Parker House, Dundee

Hey guys! :smile:

I'll be staying next year at Iq Parker House in Dundee and I'm looking forward to meeting my flatmates. If you are staying in this residence or know someone who will be staying there please let me know! :biggrin:

Many thanks in advance xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by beanmclin

I'll be staying next year at Iq Parker House in Dundee and I'm looking forward to meeting my flatmates. If you are staying in this residence or know someone who will be staying there please let me know! :biggrin:

Will you be staying there from August 2021?
Reply 2
Original post by Synnixi
Will you be staying there from August 2021?

I’ll be moving in august 28th. Are you moving in?
Reply 3
Original post by Cole_03
I’ll be moving in august 28th. Are you moving in?

Yeah ill be moving in but early September
Reply 4
Original post by Synnixi
Yeah ill be moving in but early September

Do you know what block?
Reply 5
Original post by Cole_03
Do you know what block?

Ill be stay in block F wbu?
Reply 6
Original post by Synnixi
Ill be stay in block F wbu?

I’ll be in block D. Have you visited?
Reply 7
Original post by Cole_03
I’ll be in block D. Have you visited?

No, i havent even been up to scotland before 😂
Reply 8
Original post by Synnixi
No, i havent even been up to scotland before 😂

Good luck. I’m going on the 26th as I’m only and hour away
Reply 9
Original post by Cole_03
Good luck. I’m going on the 26th as I’m only and hour away

Thanks x I think im going to need it 😅
Reply 10
Original post by Synnixi
Thanks x I think im going to need it 😅

I’m panicking moving an hour away I couldn’t imagine going further. It’s a nice area though hopefully you’ll find it easy to settle
Reply 11
Original post by Cole_03
I’m panicking moving an hour away I couldn’t imagine going further. It’s a nice area though hopefully you’ll find it easy to settle

I hope so too cause its 5 hours away lol but im going to look at this as an adventure. Btw which uni are you going to?
Reply 12
Original post by beanmclin

I’m moving in on the 28th, maybe sooner, can’t wait 🤩
Reply 13
I’m actually going the D&A college. How about you?
Yeah it’s a great adventure
Reply 14
Original post by AlexH21
I’m moving in on the 28th, maybe sooner, can’t wait 🤩

Do you know what block/flat your in?
Reply 15
Original post by Cole_03
Do you know what block/flat your in?

No actually, they just told me the date, my mate said he got an email about it though?
Reply 16
Original post by AlexH21
No actually, they just told me the date, my mate said he got an email about it though?

I picked mine when picking the room. It’ll also be in your email once you pay the deposit
I stayed at Parker House for 3 years from 2016-2019 so if anyone has any questions about it I'd be more than happy to answer them :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by yankbaper13
I stayed at Parker House for 3 years from 2016-2019 so if anyone has any questions about it I'd be more than happy to answer them :smile:

Is it a nice place I’ve not found one bad review pre covid. Only really about a ripped pool table and when there was a covid outbreak.

How is the washing facilities? Are the machines good.
Original post by Cole_03
Is it a nice place I’ve not found one bad review pre covid. Only really about a ripped pool table and when there was a covid outbreak.

How is the washing facilities? Are the machines good.

I definitely enjoyed it which is why I stayed there for my final 3 years at uni. The staff are so friendly and helpful! No one enjoys getting up for a 9am lecture but my morning was always made that little bit better by a warm smile and a "morning!" from the staff at reception. They're also very reasonable when it comes to payments if there are ever any problems and they act on maintenance requests really quickly.

As for the washing facilities, they're pretty standard for what I've seen at uni accommodation and were the same as the ones I had in UoD halls. You pay through a phone app which also lets you see how long your cycle has left and you can look online to see how many machines are free etc. The cost can quickly add up but nothing outrageous.

Quick Reply

Latest