Dododododo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey,
I'm in Year 10 taking French GCSE and I find it quiet difficult to study in the way that school teaches, in a sense. I found the way I learn the most efficiently and thoroughly (regarding languages) is to just drown in all sorts of media in that language, and if there's an exam or something, I'd go into media based on that topic(s).

That's not really related, but my question is does anyone know any french books that like...you read in france? Not the french literature for English students, but just French literature? I'm very into crime and thriller and romance so if you've got any suggestions in those genres that would be prefered.

So far I've just got some childrens books which are okay to read, like Le Petit Prince, and I'm hoping to get Les Cahiers D'Esther in the future when I can afford them.
But I'm looking for "real" books, you know?

Also poetry?

Bonne journee tout le monde
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Dododododo)
I'm in Year 10 taking French GCSE and I find it quiet difficult to study in the way that school teaches, in a sense. I found the way I learn the most efficiently and thoroughly (regarding languages) is to just drown in all sorts of media in that language, and if there's an exam or something, I'd go into media based on that topic(s).

That's not really related, but my question is does anyone know any french books that like...you read in france? Not the french literature for English students, but just French literature? I'm very into crime and thriller and romance so if you've got any suggestions in those genres that would be prefered.

So far I've just got some childrens books which are okay to read, like Le Petit Prince, and I'm hoping to get Les Cahiers D'Esther in the future when I can afford them.
But I'm looking for "real" books, you know?
In terms of media, there's the news sites, which have some free content, e.g. www.lefigaro.fr.

My kids loved (and still do) Asterix - you can order the books in French from amazon.fr, although it's not academic French, it could be a nice distraction. Otherwise, you should be able to get most books in French from amazon.fr, so take your pick.
Dododododo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
In terms of media, there's the news sites, which have some free content, e.g. www.lefigaro.fr.

My kids loved (and still do) Asterix - you can order the books in French from amazon.fr, although it's not academic French, it could be a nice distraction. Otherwise, you should be able to get most books in French from amazon.fr, so take your pick.
Thank you! Do I need to make a new amazon account for the fr version?
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Maybe something like No et Moi (Delphine Dr Vigan) or La Fille de Papier (Guillaume Musso) - they were some of the first books that I read in French!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads