The Student Room Group

All downgraded Scottish Awards to be reversed

Big news from John Swinney just announced folks.

- All downgraded awards will be withdrawn

- Awards that were downgraded will be issues solely according to teacher estimates.

See here, approximately 15:16 ish
https://www.scottishparliament.tv/

The BBC has an article on the story here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53740588

There's a thread up here to discuss whether you think the same should happen in the rest of the UK.

If you received a notification for this post it's because you've previously posted in the SQA discussion and help forum. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17

- Awards that were downgraded will be issues solely according to teacher estimates.

Quoting in everyone who's posted in this thread.

Spoiler

Yikes I hope that they didn’t withdrawn my beautiful grade for Admin but for ESOL yes :smile:))
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kubsyy
Yikes I hope that they didn’t withdrawn my beautiful grade for Admin but for ESOL yes :smile:))

They will leave upgraded awards be, but downgraded awards will be replaced with the original teacher estimates.
Original post by 04MR17

Quoting in everyone who's posted in this thread.

Spoiler

Wow would this happen for the A levels too??
Original post by bored_user:)

Probably yes
Brilliant!
Hi all,

I've moved this into a separate thread as the news seemed pretty huge!
I'm getting a C in Physics get bloody in
Wow. Wouldn't have expected that. Wonder if England/Wales/NI follow suit.

Original post by Kubsyy
Probably yes

I'm much more skeptical actually. There is no indication that Ofqual will make a similar decision. They can, but it shouldn't be relied upon to happen when you're thinking about your decisions and next steps.
Original post by 04MR17
I'm much more skeptical actually. There is no indication that Ofqual will make a similar decision. They can, but it shouldn't be relied upon to happen when you're thinking about your decisions and next steps.

yayyy!!! Well if it does I would be OVER THE BLOODY MOON!!!
Well anyways I hope my disgusting grade for ESOL will upgrade
yayyy!!! Well if it does I would be OVER THE BLOODY MOON!!!

Again, I'd say expect it not to happen, because I'm very doubtful it will.
Absolutely ridiculous. Pandering to a bunch of entitled, whiny students. This is embarrassing on Sturgeon’s part, I sincerely hope Ofqual doesn’t follow in the Scots’ footsteps.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17

Yeah, they are on the safe spot because they allowed for exams in autumn.
what about if your results were lower, by a band or two than the target grade your teachers had for you?
Original post by Anna augustine
what about if your results were lower, by a band or two than the target grade your teachers had for you?

He mentioned no one will be downgraded only upgraded
wait if all of them are upgraded... wouldnt they not hold they same value as last year?
N

Original post by Bluebells602003
He mentioned no one will be downgraded only upgraded

No, what i meant was. What if the results you got on the 4th by the sqa was lower than the target grade your teachers had for you in the end of term reports after prelims. Would i still be able to make an appeal?
Flipping heck, a 13.7% increase in the pass rate for Advanced Highers compared to the 2019 results

Quick Reply

Latest