The Student Room Group

All downgraded Scottish Awards to be reversed

Scroll to see replies

Mocks do have huge variability, but that just means that there is no reliable way to predict appropriate grades for this year's graduating classes. How can they tell which schools have the most dependable mock results and which don't?

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that the inaccuracy of the official predicted grades was inevitable. I'm just upset that I was affected in this case and can't express how regretful I am for picking art as a subject. It was insanely time consuming and when I thought it all worked out for me in my mocks, my predicted grades said otherwise. I would have definitely made straight As without it given that I would have more time to study other topics.

Yeah we have every reason to question teacher assessed grades. My conscience would definitely go into self-destruct if I was awarded anything more than a B in economics or biology because there is no evidence that supports my ability to obtain such marks. Even with the crazy paper 4 threshold in biology, I barely scratched a C mark and I promise you I didn't intend to put in more effort for my final biology exam haha. Maybe economics but biology is a headache, I became numb to my biology failure in year 9.

I would also feel underachieved if I worked hard for my grades but they are of no value because everyone else got them just as easily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending