Anna augustine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Heyy, i am currently in 5th year and am thinking of dropping computing science (which i crashed) as I am finding it too difficult. I went over the nat 5 and am still finding it confusing. I've decided to crash higher physics and for that, i reckon u'd need to look over the nat 5-course . Is there any particular parts that i should look over in the nat 5 course, to save time as i don't have much time left before school starts for physics to be able to do higher?
Advertisement
janders2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really you need to be strong on the whole course as a lot of it in Higher is an expansion of Nat 5. I'm doing AH any year, any questions, feel free to drop me a DM
janders2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bits that are least important I'd probably say is Radiation, doesn't really come up in Higher. Small bits of topics that are probably not *essential* but again, would help your understanding I'd say is Diffraction, Heat Energy (E = cm(deltaT), and some of the space stuff is a bit irrelevant.
Advertisement
Anna augustine
Rep:
?
(Original post by janders2)
Really you need to be strong on the whole course as a lot of it in Higher is an expansion of Nat 5. I'm doing AH any year, any questions, feel free to drop me a DM
Ty for the reply. I saw some posts on here that said if u have limited time then there are some specific topics from the nat 5 course that you should go over. I have like 3 days till school starts, not much time left.
janders2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bits that are least important I'd probably say is Radiation, doesn't really come up in Higher. Small bits of topics that are probably not *essential* but again, would help your understanding I'd say is Diffraction, Heat Energy (E = cm(deltaT), and some of the space stuff is a bit irrelevant.
Advertisement
Anna augustine
Rep:
?
Oo ok thx:gthumb:
janders2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on what you're starting with in school. Electricity - it's definitely a good start to understand Ohm's Law (V = IR), the relationships between power, voltage etc.

For waves - understand basic mechanics. Different types of wave, the relationship between wavelengths and frequencies, amplitude etc.

For dynamics - Acceleration and motion equations, finding the area underneath graphs etc. This is expanded on quite a bit. Also be comfortable with scalars and vectors, ways to manipulate those (resultant forces etc. e.g. 5N to the right and 10N to the left has a resultant force of 5N to the left)

That's really the basis to get you started, like I say however, the more confident you are with N5, the easier you'll find Higher. Any questions, I'm here to help!
Advertisement
Anna augustine
Rep:
?
It really depends on what you're starting with in school. Electricity - it's definitely a good start to understand Ohm's Law (V = IR), the relationships between power, voltage etc.

For waves - understand basic mechanics. Different types of wave, the relationship between wavelengths and frequencies, amplitude etc.

For dynamics - Acceleration and motion equations, finding the area underneath graphs etc. This is expanded on quite a bit. Also be comfortable with scalars and vectors, ways to manipulate those (resultant forces etc. e.g. 5N to the right and 10N to the left has a resultant force of 5N to the left)

That's really the basis to get you started, like I say however, the more confident you are with N5, the easier you'll find Higher. Any questions, I'm here to help!
I went over the whole course of national 5 physics on bbc bitesize. I don't have much time left. Was going over the bitesize notes this weekend. School's starting tomorrow. Is it possible to just take higher and revise/study as you got through the year without having fully grasped the national 5 course?
janders2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anna augustine)
I went over the whole course of national 5 physics on bbc bitesize. I don't have much time left. Was going over the bitesize notes this weekend. School's starting tomorrow. Is it possible to just take higher and revise/study as you got through the year without having fully grasped the national 5 course?
of course its doable, may be a bit of a challenge though, depending on how many other highers youre doing. best of luck! as i said, if theres anything i can help with i will
Advertisement
Anna augustine
Rep:
?
of course its doable, may be a bit of a challenge though, depending on how many other highers youre doing. best of luck! as i said, if theres anything i can help with i will
am doing 5 highers. And ty for the offer of help, appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads