The Student Room Group

Warm weather is unbearable

I don’t know what else I can do to keep cool I already have 2 fans, I keep the windows shut and the curtains closed and I am wearing shorts and a t shirt. There is nothing to do but sit at home and watch tv and if I want to go out I can only do so very early on in the morning.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's awful.
I'd planned on having a productive day today.. safe to say that hasn't happened.
You should keep your windows open to promote air flow while keeping the curtains closed.

Furthermore you can moisten an unfitted bed sheet or failing that a bath sheet (big thin towel) by running it under a cold tap then ringing it out. Wrap this around yourself to stay cool.
Move to Scotland :tongue:
Honestly I'm dying thank God I have my fan :redface:
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Honestly I'm dying thank God I have my fan :redface:

My fans keep cheering me but it really isn't helping.
Completely agree - this is not the UK weather I signed up for!
Agree :five:
- A cold shower helps if you havent already
- ice packs
- I've heard of people freezing pillows/sheets (not tried that myself as we use cold mats) but it might help
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
My fans keep cheering me but it really isn't helping.

Well clearly they aren't cheering enough then :rolleyes: my fans could never be that disobedient
What do you guys do when you are on holiday in a hot country? :lol:
Original post by 5hyl33n

I don't go on holiday to hot countries for this very reason.
Reply 11
Original post by 5hyl33n

I suffer and hate it
It’s warm in Scotland but pretty bearable! You guys should just move here
Original post by DiddyDec
I don't go on holiday to hot countries for this very reason.

Ah, fair enough. You definitely wouldn't last a day in Miami or San Diego! :rofl3:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Ah, fair enough. You definitely wouldn't last a day in Miami or San Diego! :rofl3:

Hot places do tend to have air conditioning which makes it a lot more bearable especially at night.
Reply 15
Well then get three fans :tongue:
Original post by 5hyl33n

The sun here is different, I’m telling you
This thunderstorm is impressive :gah:
I love it! Stuck here on my room with closed windows so I can make most of it......
Just have the fan on, wear the bare minimum, take a cold shower twice a day at least and u should be alright, keep hydrated. U can buy cooling gel pillow cases which help

Quick Reply

Latest